» Online Users: 1,336
0 members and 1,336 guests
No Members online

Old 08-16-2004, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tally, by way of Port Charlotte, by way of Howell MI
Send a message via AIM to GONOLES
Religion

I was excited to hear that sigma delta tau was starting at florida state u. I think it would be great to be a part of something new and exciting like this.... but I have a question about the religion orientation of the organization. Is it primarily jewish? Do you look to recruit upon this, or is it just historically jewish?

can anyone please clear this up for me????

THANKS!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Well, we were founded as a Jewish org., any many of our stuff relates to Judisum. However, I know my chaoter is about 50/50 right now, although we were more aobut 65/35 (more Jeewish) when I joined, and the non-Jews don't have a problem with anything we do. Anyone disagree with me?

I'm assuming your a student at FSU, what year are you in? Are you goign to go through rush, or just check out the SDT re-colonization?

Good luck and please keep us upodated!

Luv N Sigma's,

Caryn

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-16-2004, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks caryn

actually i was going to rush this year, i had been looking forward to it since freshman year (i am a sophomore) but unfortunately i am from punta gorda, and because of the hurricane, i wasnt able to come up to tallahassee for rush week!! our house is in shambles, and we werent allowed to leave ): (Thankfully it is not as bad as many of people who have lost everything, so my prayers are with everyone in charlotte county)

anyways, i figure everything happens for a reason.... so the panhellenic office told me about sdt re colonizing, and maybe that's the reason it happened?!?

I am not jewish, but i think it's important to learn and be a part of all different religions. I think it would be even better to start a new tradition on fsu's campus as well. Do you think that because it is a new sorority, they will want to try to recruit jewish girls?

IF THERE ARE ANY NON-JEWISH S-D-T GIRLS OUT THERE, PLEASE WRITE BACK AND LT ME KNOW OF YOUR EXPERIENCES!! I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. you girls can email me at cmg03m@fsu.edu, or IM me on aol at caytegurl !!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Sorry to crash but...

I think that with SDT colonization, they will pick ANY woman who is fitting of SDT regardless of race and/or religion.

Have you checked out the new awesome website?

http://www.sigmadeltatau.com

Sorry you missed recruitment, but glad you and your family are ok (I was born in Florida)
Old 08-17-2004, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
[COLOR=purple]Glad you and your family are okay. My grandmother has a palce in WPB and we have family there.

Yes, everything happens for a reason. I think as long as we get a great group of girls, which I am sure they will get, they won't be looking for a spefic religon. Like I said, my chapter is currently about 50/50. I have one pledge sister, and she isn't Jewish, and the topic has came up with us, and she hastold me time and time again she has no problems with it.

Check out the website taht Jill provided the link to (thanxs hun!), it's brand new and IMO they did a great job on it.

Keep us updated!!!!

~Caryn

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-18-2004, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

good site

thanks for the site, it really helped!!
and thanks for answering my questions girls.... I kinda feel stupid about asking something like that, for the sake that it could sound shallow... but I am glad that there is such open mindedness among you guys... it makes me even more excited to go check SDT out.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't feel bad asking something liek that...the tupidist question is the one never asked Good luck and keep us updated!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-08-2004, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
Hi!

I'm a member of the Emory chapter, and I'm not Jewish. Our chapter is maybe 50/50 or so, but Emory also has a huge Jewish population. I've never felt uncomfortable or anything....in fact, I've learned so much from my sisters! I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, and I'm so thrilled that you're considering SDT!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SDTSarah
Hi!

I'm a member of the Emory chapter, and I'm not Jewish. Our chapter is maybe 50/50 or so, but Emory also has a huge Jewish population. I've never felt uncomfortable or anything....in fact, I've learned so much from my sisters! I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, and I'm so thrilled that you're considering SDT!

Your cute check the post right below this....

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-09-2004, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
Ha ha..I guess I should read before I write. Anyway, congrats!

Oh, Buttonz--
I'm still going to be in NY from the 18-25.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SDTSarah
Oh, Buttonz--
I'm still going to be in NY from the 18-25.
We so have to meet up

Patriae Multae Spes Una