GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,168
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,518
4 members and 1,514 guests
John, UW_dawg

Old 06-15-2004, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle

In the great cinematic tradition of Road Trip and Dude, Where's My Car? comes Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, which follows two likeable underdogs who set out on a Friday night quest to satisfy their cravings for White Castle hamburgers and end up on an epic journey of deep thoughts, deeper inhaling and a wild road trip as un-PC as it gets. John Cho (American Pie 1 & 2) and Kal Penn (Malibu's Most Wanted) take on the title roles in the film directed by Danny Leiner (Dude, Where's My Car?) written by Hayden Schlossberg & Jonathon Hurwitz.

Has anyone heard of this? We don't have White Castle here so I don't know anything about it, but I remember it being mentioned on GC before. It surprises me that they would use a chain restaurant in the movie. I've seen Road Trip but not Dude, Where's My Car? I am sure this movie will be the same type of thing though.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I've seen "Road Trip" and I thought it was funny, but it's ummm...vulgar (for lack of a better word) and "Dude! Where's My Car?" is stupid and it's not funny at all. Not in the least.
So this might be in between.
I think this is a wait till video one for me.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I Love White Castles!!! Wish we had them here in Colorado.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
Saw "Dude, Where's My Car?" with a friend and we still joke about it---and then??

I feel really stupid asking this, but what is White Castle? We sell the shirts at Hot Topic, is it a restaurant? I've never heard of it.
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

[hijack]

i've never been to a white castles before, but safeway or someplace sells the white castle mini cheeseburgers. i actually liked them. didn't know that the burgers had holes in them ( i guess to help cook??)

[/hijack]
Old 06-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

They don't have 'em in Oklahoma.

I've heard they're decent though -- the "Slider" burger is well known.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-15-2004, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by norcalchick
[hijack]

i've never been to a white castles before, but safeway or someplace sells the white castle mini cheeseburgers. i actually liked them. didn't know that the burgers had holes in them ( i guess to help cook??)

[/hijack]
White Castle burgers (from the actually fast food place) are *much* better than anything you find in the store....but you do have to have the stomach for them.

AOII*Azra-elle, White Castle is a fast food chain back in the mid-west (I know they have them in the Chicago area and NW Indiana, not too sure about where else they are) that sells these mini (and I do mean MINI) burgers. Their deals usually run for about 20 burgers for about $5 (I think, it's been a while since I've been near a WC )

Almost all their burgers could be considered "Slider" burgers....they are VERY greasy and make many a person VERY sick.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
We have White Castle here in Cleveland. All this talk is making hungry for one now.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Has it really been so long since Harold and Kumar came out? Oh well, time for a sequel!!!

http://www.whatwouldnphdo.com/
Old 01-06-2008, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarpi View Post
White Castle burgers (from the actually fast food place) are *much* better than anything you find in the store....but you do have to have the stomach for them.

AOII*Azra-elle, White Castle is a fast food chain back in the mid-west (I know they have them in the Chicago area and NW Indiana, not too sure about where else they are) that sells these mini (and I do mean MINI) burgers. Their deals usually run for about 20 burgers for about $5 (I think, it's been a while since I've been near a WC )

Almost all their burgers could be considered "Slider" burgers....they are VERY greasy and make many a person VERY sick.
White Castle is here in NYC/NJ too (which is where the movie is supposed to be set, in jersey)
Old 01-07-2008, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
I saw the poster for this when I went to see National Treasure, and busted out in laughter... I CANT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
White Castle is here in NYC/NJ too (which is where the movie is supposed to be set, in jersey)
While all the while filming much of the movie in Toronto, where we don't have White Castle .
Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pi Phi View Post
While all the while filming much of the movie in Toronto, where we don't have White Castle .
whenever I travel to north Jersey and NY ...I try to make it a habit to get to a White Casle...I usually hit the one in Coney Island....
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a poster for the sequel a couple weeks ago in the theater and I was SO excited! The original movie had my husband and I bowled over the couch laughling the whole night. The part I always remember is the shot of Neil Patrick Harris snorting coke off of some girl's ass. HILARIOUS (especially when watching it right after he came out!)