Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,234
0 members and 1,234 guests
No Members online

Old 04-07-2004, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Field Consultants

Want to stay involved after graduation, but not sure how??

Looking for a part-time position during grad school?

Thinking about how you can make a difference?

If you answered YES to any of these questions, Phi Sigma Sigma has the perfect opportunity for you – the 2004-2005 Phi Sigma Sigma Field Staff!

As a Phi Sigma Sigma field consultant, you will enhance your leadership abilities and presentation skills. You will develop problem-solving techniques and learn time management. You will give back to the organization that has shown you the meaning of true sisterhood.

“Looking back at this past year I don’t know who or where I would be without this experience as a Phi Sigma Sigma Field Consultant. Going into this adventure I looked at it as an opportunity to travel and meet new people, a way to ease out of my college years. Now, as my term comes to an end, I consider this more than an adventure. I consider this past year a collection of newfound friendships, achievements, and opportunities.

Personally I have gained lifelong friends and a better understanding of my strengths, weaknesses, and priorities. Professionally I have gained mentors, contacts, and a first hand understanding of how a national organization operates. This position allows you to grow as an individual while helping our organization grow on a local and national level.”

- Rachel Morris, Epsilon Phi ’03, Field Staff 2003-2004

Phi Sigma Sigma is currently seeking part-time field consultants for the 2004-2005 school year. Field consultants are required to work two weekends (Friday through Monday) each month from September until May. Most field consultants will be assigned to visit chapters close to where they reside and will work with the membership managers and regional collegiate directors to set up their visitation schedule. Some air travel may be required. Field consultants visit each assigned chapter and provide support in the following areas: officer training, implementation of Fraternity programs and policies including Vision, Reflections, and Chapter Excellence, committee and executive board operations, judicial board matters, recruitment, risk management and housing (if applicable). Field consultants also meet with the chapter key advisor, advisory board, and Greek advisor to review chapter performance.

As a Field Consultant you will join a small group of Phi Sigma Sigma alumnae that have served our collegiate chapters over the years. You will also be eligible for a field consultant scholarship at the end of your service to support your graduate studies.

“Every collegiate chapter is uniquely different and working with a multitude of chapters has allowed me to realize how truly great our organization is. I have had the opportunity to work with three colonies and that has been a great experience. Working with chapters to establish a strong foundation has been one of the many amazing experiences I have had.

Every day I face new challenges and I am pushed to further develop my leadership, organizational, time management, and problem solving skills. My confidence and maturity levels have also increased significantly. This has been one of the most defining experiences of my life and I will cherish it always.”

- Katie Vlietstra, Epsilon Delta ’03, Field Staff 2003-2004

If you are interested in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, please contact Melissa Jones, Field Staff Supervisor, at mjones [at] phisigmasigma [dot] org for more information and an application. The deadline to apply is April 23, 2004.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Oh yeah, sounds great. Until they get your hopes up and never have the courtesy to tell you you weren't selected.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jess_pom
Oh yeah, sounds great. Until they get your hopes up and never have the courtesy to tell you you weren't selected.
Yeah... a lot of jobs do that.... it sucks when they dont' even tell you position(s) have been filled....
Old 04-07-2004, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

well the same thing happened to me, but I'm not gonna keep that from pushing Phi Sigs I know to at least apply for it...

I wish they had more positions though so at least a couple more sisters would have a chance.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I emailed Melissa for information, so hopefully I'll hear something back from her.

diokete hupsala
Old 04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Beth, I have the info and application packet if you'd like Melissa E mailed it to me over the weeked... it's actually quite a bit to handle putting your info together for them, but it it'd be cool if we got chosen together !!!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh yeah, I got an email from her... I downloaded the information, but haven't looked at it yet.

I'm gonna read it and then see what I think... hehe...

Thanks Cara!

diokete hupsala
Old 04-30-2004, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

A new email went out today about a field consultant position.
This one was specifically for the Pi chapter at syracuse and they would also be housing director.
If anyone's interested I'm sure I could dig the email up again.