Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,472
0 members and 1,472 guests
No Members online

Old 04-03-2004, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

The University of Wisconsin student

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...issing_student

I just posted the link because I know that we have all seen the story.I know that this girl was suffering from depression but how desperate do you have to be to do this? How sad for this girl that she felt that she had no one to turn to and no other recourse. I would love to say that she wasn't in her right mind but it seemed so carefully planned out,how could she not be?I know that clinical depression can and does affect people in different ways. It just makes me want to hold my loved ones closer to me.I hope that each and every one of us is blessed with people in our lives that we can turn to in times of trouble.Whether they are friends,family sisters,coworkers,ministers,counselers.I cannot imagine feeling enough despair and desperation to resort to this and I hope in my heart that none of you ever do either.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
I'm kind of on the fence about this one. I've been clinically depressed, but even at my worst, I don't know that I would have put my family, friends, and the resources of an entire town through this just because I was making a cry for help.

I'm trying not to be judgemental, but when I think of how many people -- even people she didn't know -- were going to bat trying to find this girl, I just get angrier and angrier knowing she played them all because she needed a little attention. Get her some help, but she also needs to be reminded of the consequences of filing a false report.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I totally agree.That is exactly what I meant actually. I hope none of you are so desperate as to have to resort to this. I hope there is someone that you can talk to you before something like this is even fathomable.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I have been clinically depressed too. I am on an SSRI for that
However I would NOT have put the resources of an entire town on finding me. If she wanted attention, she sure as heck got it!
Old 04-04-2004, 04:49 AM
cutiepatootie

I think it is truly sad she had gotten to that point where she felt she had to pull this.

Did they say anything about the incident a few weeks ago when she was hit over the head by someone....are they saying that was false too?