GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,394
2 members and 1,392 guests
IllyPolly, LaneSig

Old 12-21-2003, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Theta Crest ring on Ebay

If anyone is interested, there is a silver ring with our crest on Ebay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11145

This may go inexpensively since the seller has not correctly identified it. Maybe Santa has room in his sack ;-)

Happy bidding!
Old 12-21-2003, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

This one's interesting - looks like it was made by taking an impression of a crest, because the crest image is in reverse. Thanks for pointing to it, Patti.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I think the reason this is in reverse is because it was used as a seal - the wearer would press her ring into the wax to show her seal on the envelope she was sealing.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Janerz222
This one's interesting - looks like it was made by taking an impression of a crest, because the crest image is in reverse. Thanks for pointing to it, Patti.
Good eye!! I didn't even notice that. It looks so fuzzy in the pic. On the other hand, I see a LOT of pins on Ebay shown backwards. I wonder if it has something to do with a need to flip pics when posting them to Ebay? I had never sold anything, so I have no idea. I wonder if the ring shows the crest properly, but the seller doesn't know enough about the item to realize it is not correct in the photo.

Now I might have to bid just to see it in person! I actually got a beautiful white gold raised crest ring earlier this year. The teeny crest is so small that only Theta would recognize it.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

The crest ring is back again

The ring I posted about earlier is back for sale on Ebay again. The seller did not get his requested minimum on the first go round. I have no idea how much they want for it. It was up to $32.89 last auction, but no one got it. In case anyone wants to try again....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=11145&rd=1
Old 01-05-2004, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: The crest ring is back again

Quote:
Originally posted by thetalady
The ring I posted about earlier is back for sale on Ebay again. The seller did not get his requested minimum on the first go round. I have no idea how much they want for it. It was up to $32.89 last auction, but no one got it. In case anyone wants to try again....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=11145&rd=1
Our buddy Katy (who collects Theta pins) got the ring. She'll let me know if it is a seal or the picture was backwards.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Ladies,

I got the ring last week and it is pretty interesting.

The coat of arms is indeed backwards, so it could be used for creating seals. The sides that go between the fingers are somewhat worn down vs. the sides that face the knuckles-someone obviously cared about this ring and wore it a lot to create the wear pattern. It also has been sized, which usually isn't done with a silver ring as it's just not valuable enough to do it.

wish I knew who the original owner was!

-Kaokite

Last edited by kaokite; 07-10-2006 at 07:32 PM.