GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,355
1 members and 1,354 guests
Low D Flat

Old 12-01-2003, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: having a sit sit while lusting after Olympic swimmers
VH1's Big in 2003

So i was really excited about this b/c i thought the commercials looked hilarious. But this was seriously the most retarded "awards show" I've ever seen. Anyone else watch? What did you think?

The only highlight of the show for me was seeing Outcast perform. I love them

Last edited by mullet81; 12-01-2003 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:44 AM
GreekChat Member

This show was so stupid!!!!! It was a basically let's have celebrities get up and talk about all the stuff they did- both good and bad. For starters Natalie Maines (sp?) from Dixie Chicks - seriously, she needs to calm down. She may hate Bush and Rep's and the whole war on Iraq but she needs to not talk about it everytime she's given a microphone. I respect her opinion, but there's only so many times you can talk about the same thing and make the same jokes. Second, don't give the Joe Millonare guy an award for being the most famous reality star, or at least give him the microphone when he wins.

Outkast was good though! And the only funny segment was the one w/ Jessica Simpson telling the guys how to do something and then pretending to be dumb again in front of Nick. That was about it. Overall, really boring.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:00 AM
GreekChat Member

i was really bored too. the show was a waste of time. i did love outcast and jessica simpson too
Old 12-01-2003, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

All I watched was Outkast and the Al Green part, which were both awesome.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I tried to watch a little of the show but it was just too painful. I understand that vh1 is trying to do something different then just another video awards show but they failed miserably.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
is it me, or did the commercials not make it seem to be an awards show? i thought it would be really good from those. am glad now that i didn't watch it though.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
is it me, or did the commercials not make it seem to be an awards show? i thought it would be really good from those. am glad now that i didn't watch it though.
Yeah, I thought it was just going to be another show, like the "I Love the 80's" shows. I was disappointed when I saw it was an awards show and I ended up only flipping back to it when other shows had commercials on.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:31 PM

I thought it was just another way for companies to promote their products. In a really crappy way.
"Hey, I'm listening to some Al Green on my IPOD."

and

"I'm so glad to be known as most fashionable. I am wearing Gucci, Sean John......."

I turned off the TV after that.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

My friend and I were watching it last night and we just keep saying, "Are we really still watching this?" We couldn't believe that there was an award for "Gay Hero" - how ridiculous? And I just wanted to throw something sharp at Natalie Maines. She aggravates the hell out of me. I'm not sure why she feels like her freedom of speech is more valuable than her opposers' freedom of speech.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: having a sit sit while lusting after Olympic swimmers
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
Yeah, I thought it was just going to be another show, like the "I Love the 80's" shows. I was disappointed when I saw it was an awards show and I ended up only flipping back to it when other shows had commercials on.
i totally agree! i thought it was going to be like the I love the 80's shows too! those are hilarious and i think this show could have been funny if they did it like that - not as an awards show.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

The other thing that makes this show lame is that the winners know they're gonna win, i.e. Ashton's dramatic entrance, Beyonce's dramatic entrance, the Queer Eye Guys. What was the point of this show? And I like that Outkast song, but I'm so sick of it. You can only see Andre shake it like a polaroid picture so many times before it gets old.