GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,176
Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,423
1 members and 1,422 guests
John

Old 09-21-2003, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

What a fun event!

Okay, I just thought I should share this with you guys b/c I had so much fun doing it and was pretty inspired by it.

We had a Kai event (brotherhood event) today where the pledge classes played against each other in kickball. I had totally forgotten how much fun kickball used to be. A couple of us talked about playing dodge ball and also 4-square.

I think that if I run for philanthropy chair, and get elected I will try to set up a Grade School Games philanthropy, with the Sororities playing kickball against each other, the Fraternities playing Dodge ball against each other, and then an open individual 4 square tournament that might be part of the NIC/NPC international collegiate 4 square championship...I think it could be a big hit with everyone.

Anyway, I suggest everyone try to schedule a house kickball tournament sometime soon!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

What a great idea! The Sig Eps while I was a collegiate not that long ago did the "Kindergarten Olympics" as their event and all the sororities loved it because you didn't have to be the most athletic to compete. One of the events was a tricycle race....good times good times!

It sounds like you have a great idea brewing that could earn some money for your local or international philanthropy and bring the greeks together. I would even recommend inviting the MCGLOs and the NPHC orgs as well, make it a truly greek event!
Old 09-22-2003, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Once during a stressful day of Pre-Recruitment, our VPS made us all go outside for a fun-filled game of Red Rover... nothing like knocking your sisters over to remind you how much you love each other!