Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,490
1 members and 1,489 guests
No Members online

Old 07-18-2003, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Question about Recs

I need to send a rec ASAP!!!

Only problem is I'm not 100% sure how to do that. I'm an active member of my chapter so I'm not sure if I send just a typed letter or if I download that form from pride online, or what have you.

If anyone could fill me in I need to get over the UF's campus, soon.

Thank you from a lost
<>sister<>
Old 07-18-2003, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'm assuming that you are doing a potential member profile for someone who is going through rush. In this assumption, if you look at your newest Adelphean, page 15, there is a potential member profile worksheet. I'm also assuming you can download the same worksheet from pride online. I would fill this out.
Good luck
Brianna
Old 07-19-2003, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Chenoa,

The Potential Member Profile is in the summer Adelphean or you can download it at Pride Online. (Go to www.alphadeltapi.org and click on "members." Then follow the prompts and go to the online resources.)

Fill out the profile in full, and it is nice to include a cover letter about the PNM and why you are recommending her, as well as her special talents. If you can include a photo of the PNM, please do.

Collegians, please remember: you may fill out a potential member profile aka "Rec," so long as the woman you are recommending is not attending your school. Alumnae are not bound to this rule, and may recommend women to any chapter, including their own.

Happy Rec Writing!
Old 07-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Question: I've sent in one rec, and am about to send in a second (I need a little more information). Will the chapter let me know if they're received it? Or, do I become a pest and call someone? The one rec is going to a very competitive Southern school, and I would just die if they didn't receive it!!

I'm assuming that, when I send the second one, I should enclose a postcard that someone can assure me that it's been received?
Old 07-20-2003, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

honeychile,
I would assume that the chapter might give you a call to let you know they received it, but I also don't know how busy the recruitment chair will be or if she will have time to call. I would honestly just call them. I wouldn't see you as being a pest to double check that a chapter received a PMP (potential member profile) that you sent in. In fact I would think that you were a pretty devoted sister wanting to check on it. But this is also me.

I know that I would personally call the chapter, thats just me. I understand that rush is extremely hectic and if my calling will relieve some of the undo stress that the poor girl has, I'll do it.

Hope I was helpful

Brianna