GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,357
2 members and 1,355 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-09-2003, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to babylo
oklahoma state rush

i just wanted to know if anyone knows anything bout rushing in oklahoma state university. i will be going through rush in less than a month and i am really nervous.thanks
Old 07-09-2003, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to steelepike Send a message via Yahoo to steelepike
Sorry I can't really help with information, because I never went through the female side of rush for good Ol' Oklahoma State. But I am sure the rush at Oklahoma State is similar to that at Oklahoma University, and most schools in the area. I can't think of any sorority members I know on here that goes to OSU, though i could be wrong. I can say that you will most likely be making a great choice and whatever GLO you join will be a great one as the Sororities at OSU are all very good. Good luck during rush.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Oklahoma State has a great greek system.

Here is a great source of information.
Oklahoma State Sororities

A lot of my friends from high school joined Gamma Phi Beta, and my best friends sister was Theta there. But from what I heard all of the orgs had strong chapters there.

Good Luck!
Old 07-10-2003, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a friend from HS who I now work with for the summer who is an Alpha Chi Omega there...She's continually told me that all the chapters there are pretty equal.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to babylo
oklahoma state

well i guess i kinda know how ou greek system works. i went to ou up to the end of last semester. but i just did not know if the houses required rec letters or not. i actually kinda have an idea of the houses i like. i like the kappa, alpha chi, pi phi and the kaydee house. but one problem i have is that i am going to work to pay my dues and i was just wonderin if most people work to pay their dues. i also just want to get an idea of the whole rush thing and what goes on during rush.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I will try and talk to some girls i know and see what they have to say on what goes on during rush and if recs are important. And all of those are good houses.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Here's a bit of scoop on OU:

On recommendations: "A letter of recommendation is written by an alumna member of an organization for the purpose of introducing a woman to a chapter. It provides a brief description of her interests, activities and personality. Although recommendations are considered in the membership selection process, a woman planning to attend Formal Fall Recruitment is NOT RESPONSIBLE for acquiring an alumna recommendation for each chapter at Oklahoma State University. Instead, it is the individual chapters’ responsibility to secure recommendations for potential new members. It will in no way impact a woman’s recruitment process to not have a letter for each chapter.

Panhellenic recommends that you contact your local Alumnae Panhellenic or any Greek alumna that you know to request a letter of recommendation for any of our 11 chapters. The alumna will obtain the proper forms from the chapter she is affiliated with and will send the letter directly to her chapter.

Registering with a local Alumnae Panhellenic for letters of recommendation does not register a woman for recruitment. In order to register, you must complete the forms at the back of this book and submit them to the OSU Office of Greek Life."

On dues: check out the chapters page, as they list all their fees and dues and such.

Good luck
Old 08-08-2003, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I'm bumping this, I know we have more Oklahoma people.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm an alum of Central OK, but know lots of folks up at O-state (our chapter up there was always very good to us). From what I understand, the way to get your "in" is to know someone in the chapter. Oklahoma State is a strange campus for recruitment, a little backwards. However, the system ther is VERY strong.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-08-2003, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Re: oklahoma state

Quote:
Originally posted by babylo
but one problem i have is that i am going to work to pay my dues and i was just wonderin if most people work to pay their dues.
I know that I have to work and pay my own dues. My mom hates the idea or me even being in a sorority but then she doesnt really understand and I cant make her but I'm sure she'll see! but yeah I work two jobs just to pay all my bills and my dues are goingto have to be one of em

Nichole
Old 08-08-2003, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Hmmm. According to their Kappa chapter's website, formal recruitment has already started- it started the 7th. Wonder how babylo is doing?
Old 08-10-2003, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaMelOU
Me too! Babylo, POST SOMETHING!
Old 08-10-2003, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Well yeah rush is going on at the old school about now. which means the pikes are sitting out front trying to impress the ladies by throwing the football around or something. Ah I miss those days. I should be up there to visit the guys in a few days. But i would be interested in knowing which one she accepts a bid from.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaMelOU
Looks like you'll get to do it next week when we're doing rush here at OU :-D.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so sad now i am gonna miss that. I am not moving down till the 22nd. But i hope to hear all about it when i get there.