GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,303
4 members and 1,299 guests
DGTess, John

Old 07-03-2003, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Rush at UNT

That's the University of North Texas, for all of you non- Lone Star State folks, and............... my little sister (blood) is going to be rushing in the Fall!!!! No DZ there (booooooo!), so we're starting from scratch. Anyone have any UNT info?
Old 07-03-2003, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

from their website there are 6 sororities:

Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha

For Links To each chapter
Click there and you can click on each sorority and go to their webpages! Tell her good luck!

Facebook
Old 07-03-2003, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
Good Luck!

I wish your sister the very best of luck for recruitment!!
Old 07-03-2003, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Back in the old days....

Rush was extremely competitive there. And yes, recs were essential. Of course, DZ was there when I went through and all the houses took quota. Make sure she is prepared for the heat. I remember everyone getting cranky standing outside the chapter rooms in our finest waiting to go into a party. Because all of the chapter rooms were together there was not much walking, so that was a relief. But I think one of the chapters moved?
Texas*Princess will be better able to give you more updated information regarding UNT.

Good luck to her! UNT has a great greek system and was a really fun place to go to school.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the replies, everyone! We've already checked out the websites and they're all well done. We're from Dallas and used to the weather conditions, so that's a plus. I'm disappointed of course, that she won't get a chance to join my sorority, but very happy that if she *does* find a sorority at UNT, that they're all such wonderful organizations.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to radioZTA Send a message via Yahoo to radioZTA
Ready to help!

I'm the panhel advisor for the ZTA chapter there and live in Plano. Another lady I work with is an Alpha Phi advisor there. Let me know if we can help.

Good luck to her!
Old 07-03-2003, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
texasprincess is an ADPi there, I'm pretty sure!! You should talk to her
Old 07-03-2003, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your sister! I'm so anxious for those rush threads to get going in full force!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Rush at UNT

Quote:
Originally posted by AggieDZ
That's the University of North Texas, for all of you non- Lone Star State folks, and............... my little sister (blood) is going to be rushing in the Fall!!!! No DZ there (booooooo!), so we're starting from scratch. Anyone have any UNT info?
Okay....we need to stop allowing our legacies to attend colleges without DZ chapters!!!!

Best of luck to your sister, AggieDZ!
Old 07-03-2003, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

radioZTA - Oh, that's exciting! We're from Plano! I'd be forever grateful if you might allow her to mail/email you a resume, etc, or meet with her to talk about your chapter or the UNT system in general. (but maybe you're prevented from doing this since you're a chapter advisor - I don't know the specific rules, but since you're an alumna as well I would hope they'd allow you to give rec's, advise high school girls etc.?)

P.S. I know what you mean, Killarney! But, my sister would not even consider A&M. She doesn't want to 'follow in big sister's footsteps'. (I'm even going to a law school where there's a Delta Zeta chapter.... it's really hard for me to know little sister won't be a sorority sister too)
Old 07-05-2003, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

**Bump** so that Texas*Princess might reply.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Go Eagles!!!!

Yay!!! I'm so super excited to hear of someone who will be rushing at UNT!! Go Eagles!!!

hehehe

Here's what I know about Formal Recruitment here... I hope this helps!!!! This will be my first time "on the other side" !!!

Info Day - The pnm's will meet and find out who their Rho Gamma's will be and their Rho Gamma groups! They will be given a recuitment t-shirt to wear to their first rounds

Day One (Aug. 20) - The pnm's will meet women from all 6 of our wonderful NPC groups! On day one, I believe the pnm's will wear their Panhellenic Recruitment t-shirts & appropriate shorts/capris (left up to the pnm)

Day Two (Aug. 21) - Philanthropy Day - This day they will meet with up to four (i think?) sororities. On this day it's appropriate to wear something nice like an appropriate sundress or a cute outfit with capris.

Day Three (Aug. 22) - Pref Night - Preference parties! I believe the pnm's can attend up to two Preference events. This is more dressy than the previous two days, and like at most other schools you want to look really nice and stand out. A good way to stand out is to wear a color other than black or dark solids.

(Aug. 23) BID DAY!!!

Formal recruitment here is not as cut-throat and overly-competitve as it is at most huge schools, but it is a tad competitve and will definately be stressful (but it's also tons of FUN!!!). Recs are also not mandatory here, but they definatley help out the pnm if she does have them.

I really hope this helped you! Like I mentioned, this is my first time on the "other side" of recruitment, so I am VERY EXCITED!!!

Your sister has 6 amazing groups here at UNT, and I really hope she finds a home both in our greek system and at UNT!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Now I need help

Okay, so I'm going to be at UNT in the Spring of 06 (As a sophomore) and I've been waiting to Pledge SOMETHING since high school and I'm not sure how things work there. If you know anyone that goes there, I would love an email or something, just a lil something to get me to know what's going on. My friend is really helping me lean towards Pi Phi, but I'd like to know some girls from there first. HELP!

-Angela
Old 06-27-2005, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Now I need help

Quote:
Originally posted by MacTownBarbie85
Okay, so I'm going to be at UNT in the Spring of 06 (As a sophomore) and I've been waiting to Pledge SOMETHING since high school and I'm not sure how things work there. If you know anyone that goes there, I would love an email or something, just a lil something to get me to know what's going on. My friend is really helping me lean towards Pi Phi, but I'd like to know some girls from there first. HELP!

-Angela

UNT Panhellenic Website

This link should be useful. Although it isn't easy, don't let your friend influence your decisions.

You should complete your rush packet and get ready for Fall Rush 2005! This link can provide you w/all the information you need for Rush and about the particular sororities at UNT.

Good LUCK!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

xxxxx

Last edited by globaltraveller; 05-14-2006 at 04:19 PM.