» Online Users: 1,385
0 members and 1,385 guests
No Members online

Old 01-30-2003, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pandarose18 Send a message via Yahoo to pandarose18
COR Ideas

Hey everyone,
I am the new COR advisor for the chapter that I recently became an alumna of and we are looking for some new and exciting ideas for COR parties. We are on a small campus (about 1000 students) with a small greek system (3 NPC sororities). In the past we have done things like movie night, game night, and going out to dinner (girls night out) but we are looking for some fresh new ideas. Right now the chapter has about 20 members and is hoping to recruit 10-15 more in the next few weeks to be closer to campus chapter total of 40. They currently have a list of 30 "prospective new members" that sisters have talked with and are interested in recruiting. Any ideas or advice you have would be well appreciated!!! THANKS!

Roses,
Sarah
Old 01-30-2003, 11:00 AM

Sarah,

Check this out for ideas:

http://www.louisville.edu/rso/AOII

Click on the link in the Simply AOII graphic. That brings you to the calendar of events for IIA's spring recruitment blitz. There's a lot of great programming ideas there, I especially love the "AOII Coffee House" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" themes.

Hope it helps and good luck! Let us know how they're doing with COR.

Roses,
Christin
Old 01-30-2003, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!! Those are some great ideas!!! And several of them would work well for our chapter considering size and community resources! THANKS again and I will deffinately keep y'all updated!

Roses,
Sarah
Old 01-30-2003, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi I'm from Pi Alpha and our PR Blitz is starting monday, we are so excited! We have had T-shirts made for some of the nights as well. We are expect to get at least 25 new members!! Wish us luck!
Roses
Darcy
Old 01-31-2003, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

GOOD LUCK!!! Please keep us updated of how everything is going for y'all!!! Also, I'd be interested to hear what activities get the best reaction out of the potential new members!! How else are you advertising other than your website? Have you made flyers? invitations? Banners? ETC. Any and all ideas and advice are much appreciated!!! Roses and panda hugs to y'all as you begin your alpha BLITZ! Thanks again for sharing your ideas!

Roses,
Sarah
Old 02-01-2003, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile PR

We have had a TON of PR so far. We sent out a calendar of events for the Blitz to every woman on campus not in a sorority and set up an email account just for them to reply... We have put tons of flyers up everywhere and we're going to chalk the campus for it everynight. Our school newspaper is doing a front page story on it and the popular radio station has agreed to push all of our events every morning. We also have tables reserved in the Student Activities Center everyday of our events to pass out flyers and keep everyone informed about the events. All the other sororities are also helping out by making banners for us and hanging them on thier houses as well as chalking for us. Plus we are all inviting girls from our classes. THere are at least 23 confirmed girls coming to our first event. Our Alums have done a GREAT job doing most of this for us! We couldn't have done it with out them. We also have a CC coming to help us during the blitz to give interviews to pnms and help out where ever needed. I think we are going to do really well! We are SO excited! I'll keep you all updated on what happens!
Roses
Darcy