Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,482
0 members and 1,482 guests
No Members online

Old 11-24-2002, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Function ideas

Hi ladies! I am on the friendship/social committee and was wondering if you had any good function ideas. We just had one with the Kappa Sigs last week and it it wasn't very good. It was a revenge of the nerds theme so we all dressed up (which was hilarious), but once we got to their house the games we had planned were so boring! We got a bag of marshmallows and toothpicks and had to build the largest structure. It was really lame and only lasted like 20 minutes. If you have any creative function ideas, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!!
Holly
Old 11-25-2002, 12:47 PM

When I was an active we did our exchanges off-campus at nearby clubs where alcohol is permitted. We had the club to ourselves for the 2 hours. I know that sounds trite to say you need something to juice things up, but it does help.

The party-pic people also take snaps of us doing silly poses, etc. which adds fun. Also, we generally meet at the house and the frat picks us up and takes us to the club.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

We had a mixer with KA called Wild Game where the guys dressed up as hunters in camo, and the girls dressed up in animal print, which was a lot of fun. I also know that another sorority on our campus has a function where everyone dresses in camo and every girl invites 3 guys. Good ratio there! One of the other sororites had a mixer with ATO called Sects and Execs, where the guys dressed as CEO's and the girls were secretaries, most of the girls went in a guy's dress shirt misbuttoned, a twisted up skirt and a tie loosened around their neck, it was super cute and the girls said they had a lot of fun. Hope those ideas help.