GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,421
1 members and 1,420 guests
naraht

Old 11-22-2002, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

South Carolina - Clemson

I wanted to wish all my sisters in DG at South Carolina good luck in the game this weekend. Y'all will most likely win but it will be fun even if we don't.

I know this thread doesn't really belong in this category so sorry.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

You'd better not be talking about the game... 'cause you know that we're gonna win!
Old 11-22-2002, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah about the game - the chances of Clemson winning are not so hot unforunately. USC is comin' into town to give us a swift kick in the butt.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm not going to the game... I have a lot to get done here and tickets were so expensive, but I can give you the names of the DG's going if you PM me.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedGirl

Oh sweetie, keep the faith. You can't discount 80,000 screaming fans dressed in orange as a factor that will motivate our team!!! Anyhow, in the long run we've won nearly twice for every time Carolina has beaten us, so I'm expecting a win this year since Carolina won last year. But call me an optimist!! Y'all know I love my Tigers!!
Damn straight!!! GO TIGERS!! We'll be in our own turf -- Death valley Baby!! I, too, expect a win from our team!!
Old 11-22-2002, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

a USC joke...

Once there was a family of 3 with the last name of Gamecock. Mama and Papa Gamecock divorced, leaving Baby Gamecock to decide who he wanted to live with. The judge asked him "do you want to live with Papa Gamecock?" Baby Gamecock replied "no, he beats me". The judge asked "do you want to live with Mama Gamecock?" and Baby Gamecock replied "no, she beats me too." The judge asked "Who do you want to live with?"

And Baby Gamecock said "The South Carolina Gamecocks because they don't beat anyone."

GO TIGERS!!! FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!
Old 11-22-2002, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw thiis http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...sLetters021121

For: Clemson University
Against: University of South Carolina

The following is a letter from a Gamecock mother to her Gamecock son at school:

Dear Son,
I'm writing this real slow cause I know you can't read very fast.

We don't live where we did when you left. Your Daddy read in the paper that most accidents happen within 20 miles of your house, so we moved. I won't be able to send you the address because the last Carolina family that lived here took the numbers off the house when they moved out so they wouldn't have to change their address.

It rained twice last week, three days the first time and four days the second time.

You know the coat you wanted me to send you? Well, Aunt Sue said it would be too heavy to mail it with them heavy buttons on it, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.

Your uncle fell into a whiskey vat last week while touring the Jack Daniels plant. Some men tried to pull him out, but he fought them off, so he drowned.

Your sister is expecting. They haven't had an ultrasound yet to determine whether it's a boy or girl, so I don't know if you're going to be an uncle or an aunt.

Other than that, not much has happened since I last saw you.

Love,
Mom

((I was born in Anderson, just a few miles from Clemson!))
Old 11-23-2002, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

True stories:

Lou Holtz Thursday night at Tigerburn:
"Clemson's a great school. (crowd boos) Come on, if they weren't, they wouldn't be number 3 in the state.... but we all know who number one is!"

Clemson recruit Ray Forsythe, who was ineligible as a freshman because of academic requirements: "I play football. I'm not trying to be a professor. The tests don't seem to make sense to me, measuring your brain on stuff I haven't been through in school."

What does the Clemson graduate say to the USC graduate?
"Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"

Why is it easier to recruit students to USC than Clemson?
Because most students are more interested in culture than agriculture.
http://members.tripod.com/~uscx1/jokes.html

And here's one about a USC Sigma Nu prank... but you have to scroll all the way down:
http://www.thestateonline.com/rivalry100/best_plays.htm

Sorry for so many jokes... but since I'm the only USC student who posts, I feel like I have to make up for the others.

Last edited by CarolinaDG; 11-23-2002 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Yea Clemson

Great game, but I think that it was stupid for the Clemson students to tear down, or attempt to tear down (it wasn't down when the cameras went away. The security officers didn't look like they were stopping anyone..maybe they actually were.)
Old 11-24-2002, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

GO TIGERS!!

Good game Carolina!
Old 11-24-2002, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Yeah, but how about the NCSU vs FSU game...

NCSU drilled them...first team in the ACC to beat FSU TWICE!!!

GO WOLFPACK!
Old 11-24-2002, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

WhiteDaisy - I know there were a lot of happy fans in Clemson sat night when we heard the final score of that game. Congrats to your team on that awesome victory over FSU.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

hey BrownEyedGirl:
(a). Did you go to Bluesfest on friday night?
(b). Did you go hear Dave Matthews Cover Band @ the Pi Kap house?
(c). Did you go to the quad and listen to Bluedogs?
(d). Did you rush the field after wards (and manage to NOT get hurt)
(e). Did you have one HELL of a weekend

YEAH CLEMSON!!
Old 11-25-2002, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I waited about that long too, first for like 10 min at the horseshoe... til we saw that hte line went down the hill to the end of the street.. so we walked to tilman, waited there.. called all the LXA saferides that I knew of... then walked to the quad, when one of the saferides that I'd called drove up... with a brother and some people in it... I was about to shoot steve.

Then we went to the sigma pi / sigma chi / pike party.. that was fun.

THen saturday amanda and i (somehow) made it to the front row at the end zone... at the end of the game, the guys behind us were like.. hey u rushing the field? I was like.. uh, apparently. We were sitting on the ledge w. our feet dangling over before hte game was even over.. then we rushed.
Last football game aw...

well, have a great thanxgiving break anyway!!
Old 11-25-2002, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

BrownEyedGirl ... wow.. LUCKY YOU!! That's awesome.
I WANNA GO!!! Man, this has just been a great weekend... 'cept did you hear that we may not be allowed on the field anymore? YEAH RIGHT. Are they really gonna stop 40 thou screaming fans from hopping the wall? Highly doubtful. Oh well... it was great.