GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,156
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,113
0 members and 1,113 guests
No Members online

Old 10-22-2002, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it my imagination or...Plastic surgery questions...

Those of you who can't stand to gossip...get on up oudahere!

IS it my imagination or does LL Cool J look COMPLETELY different in his new video for the song that I really like but don't know the name of? I admit he is really slimmed down (not impossible)...but his face looks really different...Nose job maybe?

Speaking of which...Lil' Kim in the new issue of Vibe/SOURCE or some Jewish owned hip hop magazine looks COMPLETELY different as well. There is a spread of her over the years and her new look is really really different...face wise.

Hollywood is doin' soethin' to my peeps.

What do you all think? Is it my imagination?
Old 10-23-2002, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I read somewhere that Lil Kim admitted to having other plastic surgery, besides the boob job.

I think Vivica Fox got a nose job myself.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I think that Lil' Kim has had a nose job and had her teeth capped. If I'm not mistaken, she admitted it on the air to Wendy Williams when her last CD came out.

Toni Braxton has also admitted to having a nose job. She encouraged her sister Tamar, remember her, to get one as well. She said that she'd never make it with that "juicy" nose. (Those are her exact words.)

I believe that Vivaca Fox has had her breasts done as well.

Question: Did Missy Elliot have lipo or did she lose the weight naturally? I liked her better when she had a little more meat on her bones.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

The only thing that I noticed on LL's face is that he doesn't have any bottom eyelashes. That's what makes his face look funny when they do the closeup of him in the white hat. Other than that, I didn't notice anything.

As far as Missy, I think she lost the weight naturally. It was very gradual and I think she looks really good now. I was just thinking this morning about how Missy, Kelly Price, and Faith Evans all lost so much weight.

Toni Braxton also had breast implants but had them removed when one started leaking.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I haven't looked at this in a while but i think halle had a nose job also. It too the point now that a lot of actors and actors don't think twice about plastic surgery. Because if they don't they can lose representation, jobs....
Old 10-23-2002, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Quote:
Originally posted by JinglesSpr99
I haven't looked at this in a while but i think halle had a nose job also. It too the point now that a lot of actors and actors don't think twice about plastic surgery. Because if they don't they can lose representation, jobs....
You break it down about the bottom line here.
Besides plastic surgery, this theory can also apply to the weight loss issue. As an aside, perhaps Oprah Winfrey felt pressured to lose weight to appear on Vogue's cover around the time that Beloved was released.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
Well in regards to Lil Kim she has admitted to have plastic surgery to become a "Black Barbie".

And I also think LL looks different, just can't pin point what it is but it is on the face.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah. I consulted with one of my Sands and she agreed that LL has had some "work."

I can't believe you could tell he doesn't have an BOTTOM eyelashes! You must have hella good reception.

I agree that hollywood is a trip and for us if the agent/manager says (You know, if you just took your nostrils in a tad bit, you may be up for the [so and so] roles. Hey, I am sure they don't think twice.

Lil Kim is overboard.

Yeah. I don't know. Most men won't admit to the surgery as readily as women..especially rappers and what not.

Wjite women tend to get a lot of work done, but I think it strikes us as odd because our features are so strong that when you decrease your nostril size, it's like "what happened?"

If Lil Kim keeps up she will soon be the female version of Whacco...I mean Jacko
Old 10-24-2002, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Quote:
Originally posted by carolyne

As far as Missy, I think she lost the weight naturally. It was very gradual and I think she looks really good now. I was just thinking this morning about how Missy, Kelly Price, and Faith Evans all lost so much weight.
Missy usually would state that whenever she wants to lose weight, she would simply stop smoking marijuana. By not smoking, she would no longer have the "munchies" (a side effect of marijuana usage) and eat less food. Then eventually we would all see a slimmer Missy.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Halle Berry did have a nose job. I saw one picture about 8 years ago with her and her old nose and then a picture with the current one. I remember being really shocked. I thought Toni Braxton had a nose job too b/c I swear I saw pictures of her with her old nose. Thanks for the confirmation Classylady, now I know I'm not crazy.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
I thought LL just worked out and toned up? I knew Toni had work done on her boobies, b/c Russ and Olivia clowned the heck out of her when the story broke, complet with sounds of explosions.. that was too funny..

Patti Labelle had her nose done too. I think some ppl do it to nip and tuck and then some ppl, like Michael Jackson and Lil Kim take it tooooooo far..
Old 10-24-2002, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DELTABRAT
Yeah. I consulted with one of my Sands and she agreed that LL has had some "work."

I can't believe you could tell he doesn't have an BOTTOM eyelashes! You must have hella good reception.

What work do you all believe he had done? I really don't see any other difference in his face. Of course, the body caught me off guard but I think that came with hard work.

As far as his eyelashes, I just kept looking at him because I though that he looked funny. Then it hit me. No eyelashes (or very thin ones) at the bottom.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Is it my imagination or...Plastic surgery questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by DELTABRAT
Those of you who can't stand to gossip...get on up oudahere!

IS it my imagination or does LL Cool J look COMPLETELY different in his new video for the song that I really like but don't know the name of? I admit he is really slimmed down (not impossible)...but his face looks really different...Nose job maybe?

Speaking of which...Lil' Kim in the new issue of Vibe/SOURCE or some Jewish owned hip hop magazine looks COMPLETELY different as well. There is a spread of her over the years and her new look is really really different...face wise.

Hollywood is doin' soethin' to my peeps.

What do you all think? Is it my imagination?
As for LL, I THINK his secret is called w-o-r-k-i-n-g- o-u-t!!! We'd all be surprised what dedication in the gym can do!
Old 10-24-2002, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Is it my imagination or...Plastic surgery questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by Love_Spell_6

As for LL, I THINK his secret is called w-o-r-k-i-n-g- o-u-t!!! We'd all be surprised what dedication in the gym can do!
Thanks for the hint but my original question has nothing to do with LL's body. I am aware, from experience, what diet and hard work can do. The face is real different though.

I think it is easier to admit to ourselves (as well as they to themselves) that women get work done but with brothahs, it's like "oh he just has body...oh he was just working out" I am just convinced that he had a nose job. I really am. A friend of mine just got a nose job and she is on the prowl for everyone else who "indulges" and agreed that she thought he looked "interesting" as well.

I could see if LL was JUST a rapper but we all know his acting is "taking off" and you know how they want folks to change.

Okay. I am off my soapbox. I really value the GC opinion which is why I asked the question...interesting though...
Old 10-25-2002, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Nah, LL just lost weight.

When you lose body fat it comes from EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING your face. When you lose 20+ pouns, as he must have done to get his body fat % that LOW, then it REALLY shows in the face.

His face is just less chunky. I didn't think he looked like he had a nose job when I saw him, I thought he looked cracked out (see whitney), lol. A result of the lost weight.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton