Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,337
1 members and 1,336 guests
flirt5721

Old 09-23-2002, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry What do you guys think of this?

If any of you didn't see my post in the Greek life forum, what do you think of this jerk:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=716577938
It's an ebay add for a GPhiB pin, in which he calls your sorority a "slutority". The seller is a total jerk, I have emailed with someone who has emailed the seller personally to say how insulting this is. His response was less than cordial.

I just think this is horrible
Old 09-23-2002, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Thanks, kddani, for letting us know about this obnoxious ebay seller. Maybe we could all boycott him. I appreciate your panhellenic spirit!
Old 09-27-2002, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I registered and emailed

the seller asking him to correct his misspelling; also forwarded post of pin sale to current head of our Foundation -- saw that this seller also had a theta badge for sale that even has the original owners name on it! theta foundation had made three bids on it. Made suggestion to our foundation chair that we send a postage paid sticker for all badges issued from henceforth so it can be easy and free for returning badges to Gamma Phi instead of selling them on lousy ebay...
Can't wait to get the seller's reply -- will ask another ebay user to ask the seller how he happened to get the badge in the first place? there are actually a lot for sale on ebay from all sororities --We each may need to assign someone from our respective foundations to monitor and bid on all of them to retrieve them and return them to our sororities.....

Last edited by GPhiBLtColonel; 09-27-2002 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I emailed one of the sellers once, and he said he thought he picked it up at a garage or estate sale. I think it's sad that the family doesn't know they should send it to Gamma Phi, and how important it is/was to us.

Sandy
Old 10-13-2002, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

This is what the Gamma Phi Foundation Chair said...

Below is what L'Cena Rice emailed me when I pointed out the badge sale on ebay; I also got a very rude reply from the seller and he actually threatened me! I reported him to ebay mgmt but have heard nothing -- I think there are many scumbags who use ebay! I still think a good solution is to include a notice or soemthing in every new badge sent out that they should be returned to IH instead of sold...not sure how we can reach others esp those who are considered LOST...maybe we can all out our heads together and solve this?

Hi Cele,

If I had to rely on eBay to buy something I'm afraid I'd be without. I looked for the GPB badge under everything you gave me and alas, nothing.

I'm with you - it is very sad when someone wants to sell their badge. The number 94 refers to the woman's year of initiation so this is a relative new member.

NPC has talked about this many times and all of the Sororities do something different. We all did decide that if we bid on the badges it would just encourage more women to try to sell. Therefore GPB has not tried to buy the badges off of eBay. Some people collect the badges and are proud of the fact that they have a badge from every Sorority and every Fraternity.

Wish I had the perfect answer, but in this imperfect world I'm afraid I don't - sorry.

Together in IIKE,

L'Cena