GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,195
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,207
1 members and 1,206 guests
John
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Barbershop: In Theaters TODAY!

I read the local reviews and the movie was given 3 stars.

Maybe Ice Cube has another cult classic with this one?
Old 09-14-2002, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking I LMAO!!!

I can honestly say that this was REALLY funny! I enjoyed every minute. Cedric the Entertainer cracked me UP!!! It's worth seeing, more so if you need a good belly laugh!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: I LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by exquizit
I can honestly say that this was REALLY funny! I enjoyed every minute. Cedric the Entertainer cracked me UP!!! It's worth seeing, more so if you need a good belly laugh!
Agreed! This movie was great! And it had a message too.

Now...as for the previews? Oh my! They showed previews for Pandora's Box (with Tyson seducing someone... that secene alone secured MY seat at that movie), Brown Sugar (with Taye Diggs and Boris Kodjoe looking DEE-LISH), AND 8 Mile (sorry, but I love Eminem, lol). Sigh. Barbershop HAD to be good to top those previews, lol.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Re: Re: I LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by librasoul22

Now...as for the previews? Oh my! They showed previews for Pandora's Box (with Tyson seducing someone... that secene alone secured MY seat at that movie), Brown Sugar (with Taye Diggs and Boris Kodjoe looking DEE-LISH), AND 8 Mile (sorry, but I love Eminem, lol). Sigh. Barbershop HAD to be good to top those previews, lol.
Girl I feel you 110%!!!! I can't wait to see all of them. I figure that Em will be pretty good in his movie. You can just see that poor guy is STILL full of all sots of anger. lol

Brown sugar girl....um um um...............That's all I can say about that. I wanna just see some fine men on the big screen.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
It's always something!

Spencer LEak, a well known businessman here ( he owns one of the biggest funeral homes) is trying to set up a boycott because he feels the movie is making fun of and ruining the names of Martin Luther King Jr., Jesse Jackson and Rosa Parks. I have seen the part he's talking about, it's funny and I don't think the writer and director intentionally put something to humiliate or lessen their place in history.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
Re: Re: I LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by librasoul22

Now...as for the previews? Oh my! They showed previews for Pandora's Box (with Tyson seducing someone... that secene alone secured MY seat at that movie), Brown Sugar (with Taye Diggs and Boris Kodjoe looking DEE-LISH), AND 8 Mile (sorry, but I love Eminem, lol). Sigh.
Just so you know, yall, Pandora's Box is from the makers of "Trois" (Rob Hardy and Bill Packer).

Anyhow, I hope to see "Barbershop" soon. Thanx for the heads-up reviews.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Pandora's Box

This movie was released back in August in ATL and Charlotte. I am going to go see it this week one day and let you all know how it is. Never saw Trois so hopefully this is better if not. . . .
Old 09-15-2002, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Barbershop was truly funny- it doesn't matter what the reviewers give them, we must continue to support our movies! I can see the sensitive sections of the movie where someone would get offended about the Rosa Parks, and MLK jokes, but the overall message and moral of the movie overshadows those jokes. If you have yet to see Barbershop, you must! What a luxury it must be to have the option to see it in August- we were just plain lucky to even get it in IOWA!

Much Love-
DSTia
Old 09-15-2002, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
I thought Barber Shop was funny,and it had a good message. Man I'm still laughing, I went ot see it yesterday.

Ok my favorite line in the movie, which I heard many times in the previews is....from my main man Ced...aka...Eddie when said OJ did it. I don't know what it was about that. I think it was more how he said it, the tone in his voice that had, and still does have me laughing.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 09-15-2002, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking By the way...........

No matter what CT4 thinks................ Micheal Ealy (Ricky in the movie) is MY Babyfavah
Old 09-15-2002, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: By the way...........

Quote:
Originally posted by exquizit
No matter what CT4 thinks................ Micheal Ealy (Ricky in the movie) is MY Babyfavah
shiiiiiiiiiiiiii that mofo is MINE. . . we not MoKenStef but trust me HE IS MINE!!! He ain't on my BP page for nothing. LMAO

I posted a pic of him in the BLACK BROTHA thread in DST BLVD. OOOOOOOOOOOO LA LA LALALALALAALALALALALAL.

He is finger licking good.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I just went to see this movie and it is funny! Ricky is fine but I still love some Ice Cube. But Cedric really made the movie. It has a good message without a lot of preaching. It reminds me of my hometown.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Pepsichick
I just went to see this movie and it is funny! Ricky is fine but I still love some Ice Cube. But Cedric really made the movie. It has a good message without a lot of preaching. It reminds me of my hometown.
Pepsichick, stay away from my Ice Cube!!!! LOL

Anyway, I saw the movie on Friday and it is hella funny. The entire cast did their thang on the movie, especially Cedric the Entertainer. Anthony Anderson as always was funny. The movie did indeed have a good message and it did remind me of the barbershop around where I grew up at.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up # 1

I watched GMA this morning and it said that Barbershop was the #1 movie this weekend!

Old 09-16-2002, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Great movie! Ditto everyone's comments.

Before Barber Shop, I never paid much attention to Cube, but he has a really nice smile.
Closed Thread