GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,616
2 members and 1,614 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-07-2002, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Socialize!!! Network!!! Meet People!!!

This is David from province 32. I just got back into Denton, TX from my home in South Carolina. I guess there's only a select few that know about this forum... or have actually gone to it. I think this would be a great tool to get to know brothers around the country. We don't have to talk about key issues or details about the fraternity, rather we can just tell about ourselves personally.

I'm a sophomore at the University of North Texas in the gamma theta chapter. I play the euphonium and strive to be the best music teacher I can be. The Green Brigade is the name of our marching band, and I'll be section leader for the baritones. I've thought about doing drum corps, but money is tight for me, and I don't know if I'd just rather practice on my own all summer. From time to time I'll pick up a pencil and write poetry or draw pictures. One of my favorite 'toys' is a digital camera that eats batteries like a champ but has captured so many memories that I'm numb to that fact. Over the summer I've gotten into playing ultimate frisbee... sounds stupid, but you have to run your tail off and it's great fun with friends. I've also been playing euphonium in the Nazarene church I attend in SC. The last Sunday I was there I sang my first solo... "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever."

My chapter is trying to get under the social genre to see how we can inflate our numbers with great productive people that love music. Most of the students here just think themselves a non-fraternity person, but they don't know what ours is like. We sing. We bond. We push each other when we drag behind our goals. We are the ultimate support group. If you think about it, that's much better to have than to envy. If you happen to not be in a chapter yet, you had better wise up and join this next rush class.

So how's this for getting to know me a little better? This isn't all of me, but it's a start. Nice to meet you! Now about yourself...

The Dream Shack