Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,332
0 members and 1,332 guests
No Members online

Old 07-25-2002, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Phi Mu tattoo

Do any of you girls have a Phi Mu - related tattoo? Anyone got any thoughts in general on them -- right, wrong, or otherwise?
Old 07-25-2002, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm from the old school where girls didn't have tatoos, however, as a chapter adviser now - so many of my girls have them, in rather discreet places. While I personally wouldn't want to see Phi Mu tattoed on someone - I liked what one of my girls recently did - she had a pink paw (rather small) tattooed. It was funny because I called her cell phone - she's on Exec - this summer and heard all these voices in the background - so asked where she was and it was the tattoo parlor with other Phi Mu's. So, while it's not for me, I understand times have changed. If you decide to do it - just be respectful, because not only are they your letters - they belong to over 150,000 other sisters also.

Shannon
Old 07-27-2002, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to put your mind at ease -- I'm not actually considering, just asking what you ladies thought. :-D

LIOB
Jacquelyn
Old 07-27-2002, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
I have a tattoo. I was gona get the badge in the lower middle of my back, but the guy couldn't draw it equal, so I told him to draw something up that had the same ideas. The heart and hand are in the middle, and theres a banner on the top and it winds down thru the back of the heart to another banner. The top banner says Phi Mu and the bottom one has our greek letters. I'm gona go back one day and get the starts and a quatrafoil added on.

KLTC
Old 07-28-2002, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I like the hidden-meaning thing. I know a Delta Chi who got a band of barbed wire going around his arm, and there's a delta hidden on the top and a chi on the bottom. I thought that was clever (although barbed wire isn't really my thing.)

How about a little pink heart? Somewhere no one would see. A Phi Mu would get it.... everyone else might not.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
One of our sisters has a quadrafoil with phi mu letters on her back...she drew it herself and had the guy put it on...i thought it was pretty neat..but i dont think id do it myself unless it was like a hidden meaning thing...like maybe 3 pink stars or something dunno still to chicken to even consider a tattoo...lol im a squimish big baby!!!

lol

LIOB
Old 08-13-2002, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to betapsigirl
I have my fave flower (a lily) with our letters in front of it. It's on my lower back, and it's usually pretty well hidden. One of the other girls in my chapter got the design from her Bid Day shirt put onto her back, too.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually, I thought it wasn't allowed to get phi mu tatoos. But hey, I could be wrong! One of my sisters got our letters tattooed on the top of her second toe. But I guess she was told she would have to hide it when chapter advisors and such visited. I guess she didn't like that idea because she started erasing with a pencil eraser as soon as it healed(I guess it fades the ink). Another sister got a quatrefoil on her back, I think. But that's easy to hide!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I personally have committment issues, so I wouldn't get a tatoo, but I think the idea of a hidden meaning, like 3 stars, hearts or pink paws would be cool. But I'm also not going to be offended if anyone has the letters on them. Way to publicize!!!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah I have committment issues too. But in my biker-chick fantasies it's nice to have everything all ironed out.

I think I'd probably do 3 stars. Or a design with our greek letters "hidden" in it.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Allentown, PA (where they're closing all the factories down)
Send a message via AIM to Jannamique
It's funny that people are talking about this because I was actually just thinking about getting one when I should have been paying attention to this horrific movie in my shakespeare class.
I was thinking about getting a quatrefoil with a butterfly in the middle of it. I LOVE butterflies, plus my family in Phi Mu is the butterfly family. I also like the idea of the quatrefoil surrounding the butterfly because of the meaning.
~Michelle~
Old 10-06-2002, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

I hope you don't mind my $.02, but...

We had an active who had the ADPi crest tattooed on her ankle. When she was deactivated, she was also asked to have the tattoo removed. Suprisingly (and happily!), she did!
Old 10-31-2002, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AuroraStar
I was told that Phi Mu tattoos with the actual letters or words was discouraged because, you know, you can't drink in your letters. If you have your letters permanently on, you can't ever drink.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I just happened to come across this thread because it was a "recent post", but I thought I'd give a little input if you don't mind. Several of my sisters have a five-point crown tattoo (one of our symbols). None of them, as far as I know, have our letters tattooed anywhere, because we have the same rules regarding not drinking and such in our letters. The ideas u girls have said are cute. If you're going to get a tattoo that has something to do with your sorority, it's probably best to stick to symbols rather than your letters or crest.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaEtaKP
*bump*
A couple of girls from my pledge class have been talking abou getting tatoos on our senior trip coming up this fall. As far as we've been told, we cannot get letter tattoos because Phi Mu is copyrighted or whatever... however, I was thinking about maybe a quatrefoil and three stars. I don't know where I would get it, though.. maybe on the top of my foot where it would be covered by the thick flip flops. I don't know where else I would want it. I don't really like tatoos on the lower back (for me).... I have actually been very against tattoos for a long time, but have recently changed my mind. I'm thinking that I would get it either in pink (like a bright pink so it doesn't look like a bug bite), or a brown. My parents keep telling me that I should wait because they don't think Phi Mu will mean so much to me in a few years, but I know that even if I am not way involved in Phi Mu, it will always mean a lot to me.