GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,557
2 members and 1,555 guests
PrettyBoy, Xidelt

Old 07-14-2002, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Decor Question

Because we are mainly a northern sorority, at my southern school we aren't as widely recognized as some of the other houses. One suggetion given to us was to somehow show how we do have lots of other chapters all over the country. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can do this? We are only allowed minimum decorations. I was thinking it would neat to make a strand of pearls and write each chapter's name, school and location on each one, but i can't think of how to do this. Please post any suggestions :-)

Jill
Psi
University of Georgia
Old 07-15-2002, 11:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
On my campus, where being local was cool, we had to learn how to push the national thing as well, so what we did was get a big map of the US and place pearl stick pins where each of our chapters were. It was really interesting for the PNMs to see all the places D Phi E was...and in places where there aren't many chapters, we explain those are our newest areas of expansion and explain that we are the second youngest of all the NPC sororities, and we're growing every year!

I don't think this is a violation, but you can always check with your Greek Advisor.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

We used to have a map of North America up in our romm (when we had a room) with map pins in all the Canadian and US cities and towns to show where we have chapters. Another thing you can do is make a poster with pictures from this year's convention to also show the expanse of DPhiE across north america.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I don't know how probable it is, but maybe you could contact other Dphie chapters through email and get them all to send a postcard or something and make a collage out of them.....Just a thought...good luck!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I like the idea of a map of North America with a pearl for very chapter. We can't forget about our outstanding Canadian sisters! Maybe you can get pendants of all the chapters and put them around the room. Also, you can decorate in purple and gold with unicorns and irises. That can be visually stunning. You can also show the 85 year history of D Phi E from March 17, 1917 until now including our outstanding alumnae. I like the idea of a collage of postcards also.
Old 07-16-2002, 10:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
My sincerest apologies to you Siob! When I said map of the U.S., I also mean that we had the fine chapters in Canada as well!! We would never leave you out Hell, I was only one of a few at Convention 2000 who knew O' Canada!! It could be all the hockey I watch

Jill, I really like the postcard idea!! What would be really cool is a post card from each school...you know, like you can get at the bookstores. Maybe go online and purchase them if you can't get a written one from each chapter, and make a big collage. I really like that!
Old 07-16-2002, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

awesome idea!

Hey - I love the idea of the postcards! We're doing "Destination: D Phi E"- every night is a different city - so many we could use the postcard idea too! Thanks!

If you want one from Eta (Pittsburgh PA), just let me know and I'll hop on it! PM me.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by shadokat
My sincerest apologies to you Siob! When I said map of the U.S., I also mean that we had the fine chapters in Canada as well!! We would never leave you out Hell, I was only one of a few at Convention 2000 who knew O' Canada!! It could be all the hockey I watch
Don't worry about it
Old 07-17-2002, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

If you would like to do the postcard thing, I would suggest contacting the the regional advisors. I can get in touch with Phi Gamma, Alpha Sigma, and Epsilon Omicron. I also know the MRA for the other side of PA and MAryland, so if you need some help for those ladies, I can get you in contact with her as well!
Old 07-23-2002, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

That post card idea sounds awesome...if you need/want any postcards from the Alpha Gamma Chapter @ FIU , all you need to do is ask. I also stay in contact with sisters from the Beta Tau Chapter @ Nova & the colony (soon to be Chapter on August 24th!!!) @ FAU. I'm sure i can even manage to get the Omega Chapter @ UM to send you one too! Just PM me and it will all be as good as done...
YITS from Florida!!!