GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,226
0 members and 1,226 guests
No Members online

Old 10-18-2000, 01:03 PM
dfhgdh

Thumbs down dirty rush

at the school i attend open rush for guys is a complete joke. any house worth getting in has already given out all it's pins. the only houses left are for the most part always shaky because all the good houses take all the rushees before rush even begins. being from out fo state i was really screwed when it came to rush. i've met lots of people thus far and am making connections to get a pin from a house i like, but i'm contributing to dirty rush at my school. by the IFC does not do anything at the school i attend
Old 12-16-2000, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

by any chance, are you from a school in the south? I know somebody that participated in Dirty rushing and i was wondering if it might be a coincidince.
Old 12-17-2000, 04:40 PM

Exclamation

THIS TOTALLY KILLS ME!!!

Yes, sometimes NPC regulations get on my nerves, but when I see the guys having to put up with crap like this I'm glad NPC has the regulations it does. It just never, ever ceases to amaze me the differences between male and female rush.

Try going over the IFC's head to the director of student affairs or someone in that type of position. I don't know how big your school is or how much they cares about what goes on in Greek life, but they might care if they know this kind of thing can give the school a a bad reputation.

Also, isn't it against the national fraternities' rules to give out bids early??
Old 12-18-2000, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

To answer your question, yes it is generally against the rules of all the national fraternities that I know of, including mine, to violate the rules of the IFC. However I also know of several instances of national advisors telling local chapters to ignore the IFC rules if it means getting more/better pledges. In a lot of ways this makes sense, since Nationals are obviously more interested in seeing their house succeed than following the rules of some local IFC. However this is definitly harmful overall to the Greek system since it just penalizes the houses that follow the rules.