Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,323
0 members and 1,323 guests
No Members online

Old 06-03-2002, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Mixer Ideas

Hey girls,
I'm the Social Chair at my chapter and was sondering if any of you guys had some mixers that you guys had done or heard about that were fun. I really was hoping to get some creative mixers this fall that we had not done in the past few years! Let me know!
Chi O lovin',
Katie
Old 06-03-2002, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Congrats on being Social Chair, Katie. BTW, there is a discussion board on GC dedicated to socials and they have lots of ideas on Mixers/Exchanges/Grubs etc. (See: http://greekchat.com/gcforums/forumd...?s=&forumid=28). I've posted lots of ideas on ChiO Hooties on MSN as you prolly know. We especially like the Mystery Bus trips and theme parties usually topical to the season.

Good luck.

Last edited by blueyes; 06-03-2002 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Katie!!

You should definetly check out the MSN site.....
For now, here were some of my favorites my chapter did:
Hawaii Chi O
We rented a club/bar at a beach. It was absolutely awesome!! We dressed in hawaiin dresses had matching leis (sp??) as our dates. It was nice cause you could go on a romantic stroll, or dance the night away. I did alil bit of both!

Draft A Date
This was another fun one! We dressed in camo and rented this club here that already had an army motiff. The guys got all into it too.

Grafitti Socials are great ways for ice breakers. We all wore white shirts and brought markers. The idea was to sign everyone's shirts and leave cute messages on them. I still have mine!

We always serenaded the guys too, before each function, which was lots of fun.
Hope this gives you some ideas!
Old 08-05-2002, 06:20 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter has done lots of cool mixers in the past. My favorite was Crush Function. You had another sister set you up with a date (like your crush), but that person wouldn't know who was asking them until they got there. They were given an invitation and told where to come, etc. Then we were called down in groups, like 'so and so's dates please come down' and our dates were there. It was great fun and the guys loved it!!! We had ours as a Roaring 20s theme! We have had foam parties with fraternities, where they rent huge foam machines and stuff, graffiti parties, where we all buy white shirts and write on each other with markers under black lights. We have three major date functions a year and the fav. by far is barn dance in the fall. We dress up cowboy style and head to a nearby barn..its totally fun. Beforehand we 'tap" our dates...we get sweathirts from our functions and take theirs and use it to try and tackle them to the ground. If we cant do it or whole house helps. We always serenade them before each function too.