GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,498
1 members and 1,497 guests
No Members online

Old 04-23-2002, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Ladies...backless bras?

I have a dress with no back, but I need to support myself somehow. Does anyone have any backless bras that they have tried and really liked?
Old 04-23-2002, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I have never heard of a backless bra. I have heard of bras that hook around your waist instead of the usual place. I don't know where you can get them though.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaZeecutie
I heard Victoria Secret has really good backless bras. I just haven't tried them yet.

Jessica
Delta Zeta
Ohio State
Old 04-23-2002, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I've tried the backless bra and LOVE it!!!
They have adhesive strips that come with it and it sticks to your sides. I know ya'll must be cringing at the thought of ripping it off-but in all honesty, it doesn't hurt me. And my roomies have used them too. The bra comes with only 3 pairs of adhesive strips so that kinda sucks, but they're not that expensive. The bra was around $30 bucks and I think it was totally worth it!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

it also depends on your cup size. i wouldn't recommend the adhesive strips if you are on the larger end of the alphabet; instead, go with the "convertible" bra from Victoria's Secret. it can be manipulated into several different forms, suitable for about any attire (backless, strapless, one shoulder, etc).
Old 04-23-2002, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
This might sound crazy...but good ole ducktape works wonders! It supports you and gives you lift...plus, if you wet the strips before you put it on, it eases the adhesive and it won't hurt when you take it off.

PM me if you need "application instructions."
Old 04-23-2002, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
This might sound crazy...but good ole ducktape works wonders! It supports you and gives you lift...plus, if you wet the strips before you put it on, it eases the adhesive and it won't hurt when you take it off.

PM me if you need "application instructions."
That advice is straight out of hollywood (you know they use lot of tape on film and modelig shoots)

The principle is the same as with the adhesive bras mentioned above. I like them but I also would onlly usgeest if you were in the B or smaller cup size. I prefer them to the backless bras but they work as well.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I used to help out with the local Miss America Organization pagaent and knew of MANY women who used duct tape. I don't know exactly how to apply it, as I didn't think it was necessary for me to help in THAT sort of way.
I'd try the ladies at Victoria's Secret...that's what they're there for. Otherwise, I had a backless dress in high school and found one of those waist bras at Dillards...or maybe it was Yonkers. It was weird, but it worked!
Good luck and let us know what you find!
Hootie
Old 04-23-2002, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Duct tape! Ouch! My friend was in a local Miss America pagaent and they spent a lot of time on duct tape. I had never heard of using duct tape before she told me. My friend had the exact opposite problem. She didn't need to enhance her bust, but minimize it.
Good luck finding the right bra!
Old 04-23-2002, 03:15 PM

I have one. I don't know who makes it though...all I know is that I bought it at Bloomingdale's. I really like it. I feel really naked if I don't wear a bra and I have this backless halter that I love wearing to clubs. The backless bras are great because they have underwire to lift you up and a shaped cup. I use to be afraid that they would fall off but those adhesives are some strong little suckers! No matter how much you sweat, they will stay on. The only problem is the end of the night peel-off. It hurts a little bit...especially if you're pain sensitive. But, the investment is worth it.
Old 04-23-2002, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I am above the B-cup range. I have tried duct tape in the past, but it always leave the, er, 'girls' looking lumpy, and the duct tape kinda crinkles. Am I doing it wrong?

I know Vicki's sells the adhesive bras in C and D cups, so do they work, or am I being duped? Also, can you buy replacement adhesives?
Old 04-23-2002, 06:52 PM

Duct tape??? OW!!

The backless/convertible bra is probably the best thing to do.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
Oh my gosh! What a funny thought! I could just imagine getting in a wreck and they remove my dress to examine me in the ambulance and see all that gray tape! Or even worse...seeing the look on my guy's face as I get undressed later that evening!
Old 04-23-2002, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

The whole duct tape thing reminded me of this hilarious picture that's been going around the internet, of a girl at a formal whose duct tape is showing! I'll have to post that on here later when I get the chance! Personally I would save myself the possible embarrassment and go with a bra!
Old 04-23-2002, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Actually, that would be kind of funny. Boy meets girl, takes her home and . . .

Back at his/her place they start removing clothing (for an innocent game of twister ).

The first thing she does is kick off her shoes, promptly losing 5 inches of height and that sexy lift that heels give a lady. Then she takes out her glorious blue eyes (color contacts). Then she removes something from her bra that was giving her an extra cup size or two . . . then comes off the duct tape that was defying gravity and "up and center" becomes "hanging to the sides".

Oh, and let not forget her face melting off (make-up smearing, eye shadow running) and oops that small adorable mole comes off as you kiss her! Hair piece is detacheable . . . Its like a scene from "I'm going to get you sucka".

Acckkkkpppppttttttt!

Is there such a thing as false advertising?? Isn't that fraud?