GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,133
1 members and 1,132 guests
John

Old 03-21-2002, 04:52 PM
UMgirl

IHQ Website: Our Founders and Time Line Sections

Did anyone else see the new time line and the photos of our founders on the website? I liked it alot but I wish our time line was a little more in depth. I havent been on the site in the while, so is this new or am I just late?
Old 03-21-2002, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

geez, any addition to the IHQ webpage is welcome! I'm very happy they added SOMETHING !
Old 03-21-2002, 07:43 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaGam1019
geez, any addition to the IHQ webpage is welcome! I'm very happy they added SOMETHING !
I totally agree, Nina.

I really like the photos of our Founders. I've been so used to seeing the pictures of them from our Frat Ed manuals, etc., so seeing pix that I haven't seen before is always exciting.

I can't wait to see the coffee table book that IHQ's preparing for our Centennial!
Old 03-21-2002, 09:52 PM
UMgirl

I agree with that statement too, and even though its 10x better than the old webiste in my opinion its still lacking a little. Oh Well.
Anyways can you believe that the last founder to die, died in 1980??? I believe it was Ethel Brown Distin. Not saying that you cant live a long life, but wow, we started in 1904 and you'd think back at that time, they were in there late teens/early 20's...add 80 years. She was probably 100 when she died. God bless her.
Old 03-22-2002, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JenAGD Send a message via Yahoo to JenAGD
Wow, IHQ is preparing a coffee table book? I definitely want to have one...if anyone knows when they become available please put a post. I want to be one of the first in line.

Jen
Old 03-22-2002, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by UMgirl
I agree with that statement too, and even though its 10x better than the old webiste in my opinion its still lacking a little. Oh Well.
Anyways can you believe that the last founder to die, died in 1980??? I believe it was Ethel Brown Distin. Not saying that you cant live a long life, but wow, we started in 1904 and you'd think back at that time, they were in there late teens/early 20's...add 80 years. She was probably 100 when she died. God bless her.
I think the time line was up before, but the picture is new. Personally I liked the timeline on the old website a little better because it was everything...the new one is only the "early years."

The longest living member was actually Georgia Otis Chipman who entered Chapter Grand in 1981.