GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,293
0 members and 1,293 guests
No Members online

Old 02-26-2014, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Pi Kappa Alpha at Arkansas in Trouble Due to Party on MLK Day

The Pi Kappa Alpha chapter at Arkansas is in trouble because of a party on Dr. Martin Luther King’s Day. Chapter executives have had to resign and the chapter will not be able to have spring recruitment, acccording to reports.

See

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/...k-day/24695928
Old 02-26-2014, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post
The Pi Kappa Alpha chapter at Arkansas is in trouble because of a party on Dr. Martin Luther King’s Day. Chapter executives have had to resign and the chapter will not be able to have spring recruitment, acccording to reports.

See

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/...k-day/24695928
Um, is there anything more to this story? Expelling members because they ate chicken seems crazy (and no, I'm not ignoring the possible racist actions that may have taken place).

Something else MUST have happened to bring this to the attention of the school/national fraternity.

@~/~~~~
Old 02-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Banned

Although it is convenient for a predominantly white GLO to have "40-ounce cans of alcohol and fast food from Popeye's and Slim Chickens" on MLK day...

...most people of the more immediate African diaspora, in general, are taught from childhood to ignore the white people who act ignorant and have too much time on their hands. Other than that, nothing new under the sun.

Speaking of 40-ounces, how about we get our 40 acres and a mule? Sisseeeeeeeeees.... (R.I.P. Professor X)

Old 02-26-2014, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Um, is there anything more to this story? Expelling members because they ate chicken seems crazy (and no, I'm not ignoring the possible racist actions that may have taken place).

Something else MUST have happened to bring this to the attention of the school/national fraternity.
It was an unregistered party with a racially inappropriate theme. In the South, a 40 and fried chicken= black people stereotypically. I'm just surprised they didn't have watermelon. I'm offended at their lack of creativity and complete disdain for a whole segment of the Southern population. There is no question of the point of their theme. The fact that it was on MLK day is just that much more disrespectful.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Banned

Not just in the South.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Not just in the South.
I stand corrected...the South is where I'm familiar.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!