GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,577
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,186
1 members and 1,185 guests
John

Old 01-14-2002, 05:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry The Biggest Insult You've Even Been Given

The worst insult I distinctly remember is when I was studying in England a few years ago.

It was my first time riding a bike on the road with cars, OK. I remember I was on the left side of the road trying to turn to the right side but there were many cars behind me. I hesitated a few times whether I should turn - All of a sudden a car drove next to me, with a lady scrolling down the window (she was not the driver) and yelled: "What do you think you are doing you silly cow??" and disappeared from my sight.

Gee - I knew I was a silly cow but I didn't even have the time to say "F*** you bitch" back to her.

Old 01-14-2002, 06:03 AM
Unregistered-

Insults really don't bother me (hey, I get em flung at me all the time by some chronic idiots on GC ), so I can't really think of one that stands out.

But... I remember one that greatly insulted my cousin Lori. Lori's on the heavier side and her boobs can literally poke someone's eye out... 40DDs to be exact.

One day I was in her room and I picked up one of her strapless bras. I was shocked at the size of it...so out of curiosity I position her bra on my butt to compare sizes.

My BUTT was the SAME SIZE as Lori's BOOBS.

She saw what I had done and I could tell she was hurt. I didn't intend for her to see it, but the damage was done and I apologized for it. She eventually got over it (I think).
Old 01-14-2002, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmm.....well, I remember when I was in the eighth-grade and a girl who I thought was my friend told me "You are a really hard person to be friends with." That has stuck with me since then. Every once in a while I wonder "Ack! What is so wrong with you? You must have a shitty personality!" Plus, I wonder if sisters are really my friends or just trying to tolerate me.

The biggest one, which may seem stupid to people, was given to me by my track coach during my junior year. We were at an away meet and it was really cold outside. I was just messing around and doing some sprints when this coach told me "You better stretch out...it will take a long time to loosen up those big thighs!" Let me point out that yes, my thighs are big. MUSCULAR big...I am built like a gymnast. Like most women though, I freaked out at this comment about thighs. This comment was one of triggers to the downward spiral of anorexia. (Hey, I'm ok now though. And my thighs are still big )

Lesson to all men: Tell your girl she has sexy thighs. It will make her day.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
My Highschool Guidance Counselor

"You'll never make it in college... you better apply to a secretarial school"

Check out my degree Count Bitchula!
Old 01-14-2002, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

The Department chair for my major at my old college:

"You'll never pass this class if you stop studying to go out and play soccer" - huh, how did he know????? (and it was only an hour)

"It doesn't matter if you have a 4.0 you will never hold a job in this industry" - check out the job I have now!
Old 01-14-2002, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Easily, the comment made by my ex-roomates from HELL who told me, when I informed them I was getting the hell out of DC and moving to ATL---

"You know, DC really is the place for people with backbones and strength--ATL is much more of the place for sorority girls that need their mommies and daddys"

Funniest thing, now though---I realize that
A--I am sooooooooo proud to be a sorority girl, especially an AOTT
B--the fact that I am super close to my parents, but can still live 9 hours away, is a sign of maturity and strength
C--I am soooooo much happier in a place WITH sorority girls, who have strength and backbones, who love their parents, than I would be in a place with self reliant, self absorbed, selfish, anti-greek witches.
So, I guess my roomates were partially right--If I am a sorority girl who loves her parents, SO BE IT!
Old 01-14-2002, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

from my high school principal....

" do what ever you can to stay out of the math field..."

from the guidance counselor as I was trying to test into college....

" your gpa isn't good enough for that school."

My gpa was 3.57

from a woman I met after moving to live with my husband...

" have you thought about joining weight watchers?"

That last one is my favorite. I will admit that I'm not as thin as I used to be, but I am by no means grossly overweight, and my weight was gained in pregnancy. To top that off, this woman had known me all of FIVE MINUTES.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

A lot of these are from girls, but guys get insults too...

From my 6th grade basketball coach:
"I don't want to put you in, but I have to"
-I never played a organized sport after that season.

From my counsler when I was getting information on transfering schools:
"You're going to get rejected"
-It was so nice to go back 4 months later to tell the bitch that I DID get in!
Old 01-14-2002, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I just thought of another one...

my 4th grade teacher...

"you'll never make it past 5th grade."

I was on an honors list the entire following year. My final payback to her was going back to the same district as a sub. In her class.

I should have taken a camera to record the look on her face when she saw me....lol.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
Insults really don't bother me (hey, I get em flung at me all the time by some chronic idiots on GC ), so I can't really think of one that stands out.

But... I remember one that greatly insulted my cousin Lori. Lori's on the heavier side and her boobs can literally poke someone's eye out... 40DDs to be exact.

One day I was in her room and I picked up one of her strapless bras. I was shocked at the size of it...so out of curiosity I position her bra on my butt to compare sizes.

My BUTT was the SAME SIZE as Lori's BOOBS.

She saw what I had done and I could tell she was hurt. I didn't intend for her to see it, but the damage was done and I apologized for it. She eventually got over it (I think).
OTW ... no offense, but I laughed my a$$ off when I read your post
Old 01-15-2002, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

that I'm a no good, typical blonde bitch ... ahhh ... breakups always provide good opportunity for entertainment ...
Old 01-15-2002, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't generally let insults get to me...
Afterall I grew up with two brothers so of course I got insulted a few times more than most my friends!

Anyways---

In 4th grade my science partner (Marc) and I were about to do our presentation on the planet Uranus. Right before the group infront of us finished Marc turned to me and says, "You've got a big nose."
I about started crying but had to get up and present our project anyway. Looking back I think it's pretty funny because no one else has ever said anything about my nose and he had the biggest gap in his front teeth! I think he still does

Another one that happened in 4th grade was when this kid (Will) came up to me after Christmas and said I was Dolly Parton because I had a big chest. Sadly, I'm still only a B cup and really wasn't that big back then. Too bad he's still like 5'2!

Finally this last part of the year I had a terrible time with my boss trying to make my life a living hell just so I'd quit. One night he and the assistant manager took me upstairs to tell me that they'd notice an attitude in me (jee- wonder why?) and when we were about to finish the manager said that when I was a bitch I was a bitch...
Too bad that when I quit I wrote the company and complained about sexual harassment and mental harassment (yes that is a valid write up). My roomie (who works there still) mention my name the other day to someone in the store and evidently the manager said she was never to mention my bleeping name again. I think I got him into some trouble
Old 01-15-2002, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie
Another one that happened in 4th grade was when this kid (Will) came up to me after Christmas and said I was Dolly Parton because I had a big chest. Sadly, I'm still only a B cup and really wasn't that big back then. Too bad he's still like 5'2!

To 4th grade boys that is a compliment, not an insult. A very high one at that.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was a sr in high school I dated a real jerk, but his roommate was worse. His roommate would always comment that I was too pale, and I wasn't mature enough bc I didn't wear thigh highs with garters instead I wore pantyhose with my skirts. Apparenlty I wasn't woman enough. AT the time I was blonde(before I went brunette). The guy I was dating said I looked like Christina Aguilera and she happened to be on MTV. James, the roommate comes downstairs and sees her and says," She is so ugly." I felt my face get red and for hte longest time I felt ugly. Not that James was all that he was skinny and about 5'7 and shaved his body bc he rode bikes and it made it easier to clean if he fell.
I live in Colorado and I get really dry skin( I am finally buying products from teh Body shop to cure this). I had the 3/4 sleeve shirt going on and this guy in my psych class said.," God lana you have really dry skin." That was my senior yr as well. I felt embarressed. Why do people always point out the things you already know?
Old 01-20-2002, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by josh8o
A lot of these are from girls, but guys get insults too...

From my 6th grade basketball coach:
"I don't want to put you in, but I have to"
-I never played a organized sport after that season.

I know exactly how you feel! In 3rd grade PE we were playing volleyball, and the teacher told me I was "hopeless" and made an example out of me in front of the whole class. I hate volleyball with a passion to this day.