GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,246
3 members and 1,243 guests
Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 12-14-2001, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Help me

My baby's leaving me for Korea-One whole year, what's a girl to do?

Any other women out there in love with a military man facing this same problem?

How have you kept that spark with your long distance relationship?

Also now is the time when I need to be discovering all the online net to phone information, free web cam software like yahoo's im, etc. Well hit me up with your ideas?

Also what would be the perfect gift for my sweet since he's leaving in a couple of weeks.

***I am posting this on other boards so I can get a lot of ideas***
Old 12-14-2001, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
The best thing to keep the 'spark' alive is frequent and honest communication. At the same time realize that he will most likely be busy and won't be able to respond as often as you and he might like.

Web cam/web phone, etc. are only really good if you have a high-speed connection (DSL, cable). If you are still using dial-up service to get to the internet, I don't recommend using a web cam or web phone because the delay factor will be very irritating. Yahoo! and AIM chat rooms allow voice chat, which is a better option than web phone, IMHO.

The best gift? Give him a photo album filled with pics of you and of you and he together. Formal shots, casual shots...anything. Also include pictures of family and common friends.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

My ex-fiance was in the Coast Guard so when he left, I bought him stamps, stationary, phone cards......I also did the photo album thing. I made him a CD of all the songs that reminded me of him and our times together.

Good luck. CodeBlue! It's going to be very hard for you, but it will get easier with time. Get ready to write tons of emails and letters! Send him lots of pictures of what you are doing. If there is no communication, that's where things can get bad. Hence, my ex-fiance.

Trust me...the first time you see him after he's away will be so wonderful, it's indescribable! (sp?) When I saw my man after 3 months, I hugged him and thought in my head, "Now I know what love feels like." It was great!

Another thing you can do is find a website for spouses of his branch of the military. These women were a huge help to me!

I wish you all the best! *HUGS*