GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,310
4 members and 1,306 guests
Cookiez17, LaneSig, shadokat

Old 12-13-2001, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to moobytwin
Thumbs down power trips

HI, i was wondering if anyone out there could help me. I am an alumnae of two different organizations and in both of them there seems to be massive powewr trips going on. In the one we just elected a new executive board and they are lettin that new position go there there heads. In the second one, there are a few sisters that don't like another sister and want her out of the sorority. Up until this past semster eerything has been going fine but now everything she does she does wrong. The chapter is very small so only i vote will decline the entire process. If anyone out there knows of anything that i can do or say to these people to help out my other sisters please let me know. If ou would like to email me my address is mbcrawshaw@collegeclub.com. Thanks
Old 12-14-2001, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: power trips

[QUOTE]Originally posted by moobytwin
[B]the second one, there are a few sisters that don't like another sister and want her out of the sorority. Up until this past semster eerything has been going fine but now everything she does she does wrong.

to address your issue, maybe it isn't that the members of the second sorority want your sister 'out' but simply to realise and fufill her obligations. how do you know that they want her out because they 'don't liker her'? have you talked to the members on the 'other side' of the issue to find out what's going on or just to your sister? has she directly addressed the issue with them? does she know for a fact (not heresy) that they want her out of this organization? perhaps this is more a communication problem than anything, if this is the case then you have the opportunity to be a mediator and help get the organization back on track. it's been my experience that seldom does the blame ever fall on one side but is usually a more even disbursement (although one part is generally a little more at fault)

just trying to help
Old 12-14-2001, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessSandra
just to let any one who is interested to know we don't want to kick out any one from our sorority and if you're hearing that it hearsay (ou advisors favrite thing) and any action we take against people isnt because we don't like them, it's be cause we don't like things they have/havn't done, how they act or how they behave. an we can't make anyone quit, they have to decide on thier own, we can't force them to go inactive or conditional. i have taked to districtand national officers and other chapters, and told them the situaton, i even saw a post on one of the GC bd.s that was talkig about something similar, and every one told me that the person needs to be disiplined,and that some times even the best sisters need a little help and a little reminder about thier duties and obligations to the soroity, if we let one person get away with it, we have to let the whole chpter get away with it....and then we would fall apart