GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,105
0 members and 1,105 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Survivor Philippines (Fall 2012)

The cast is announced. (Also here.)

Russell Swan, Jonathan Penner and Mike Skupin are back.

Also included in the cast:

Jeff Kent -- Former SF Giant and National League MVP

and

Lisa Welchel -- Blair from The Facts of Life.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank You MysticCat! Now leaving GreekChat for CBS.com.....

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone else remember Lisa as a Mouseketeer? Usually wearing a green hat (under her mouse ears)?

Per usual there are pro sports player (players can legitimately vote-out someone named Jeff!) and former Miss USA contestant (Katie, from the under-placing state of Delaware).

Still looking at contestant videos....

Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Russell Swan, Jonathan Penner and Mike Skupin are back.
I get it - this year's theme is "Redemption from Premature Evacuation". Former Castaways who had to leave the show due to medical reasons are now permitted a 2nd kick at the can (yeah, this is Jonathon's 3rd time at it)

I had to google who Russell Swan was. The show would be better if they had "Miss Swan" on it instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNXEzdunIqI

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 08-20-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
There's one woman in a pic I saw wearing a business suit dress and heels. WTF?? lol.
SRSLY. If I was (hypothetically) on Survivor, I'd be wearing gear what you might use for hiking or trail running - trail shoes, dry-fit gear, wool socks, that kind of thing + bathing suit. Some people have no sense for the outdoors, I tell you.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post
SRSLY. If I was (hypothetically) on Survivor, I'd be wearing gear what you might use for hiking or trail running - trail shoes, dry-fit gear, wool socks, that kind of thing + bathing suit. Some people have no sense for the outdoors, I tell you.
I can pretty much guarantee you that the producers have her dressed that way. Every season the producers have at least one person go out onto the island in business attire. (Matt went in French cuffs last season.) Sometimes, the outfits are even color-coordinated among contestants.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I can pretty much guarantee you that the producers have her dressed that way. Every season the producers have at least one person go out onto the island in business attire. (Matt went in French cuffs last season.) Sometimes, the outfits are even color-coordinated among contestants.
You don't notice it until they're together on the mats, but yes, they are all usually wearing their tribe color in some way.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Just speculation, but with this show/game it's fun (and I promise I have not read any spoiler boards):

CBS wants Jonathan to win so he'll be with the youngest tribe (Matsing) and work with the youngest woman (age 20) Angie from Utah, the Mormon state whose contestants consistently make top four. Coach returned and almost won with the young (22) Sophie; Rob Mariano returned and nearly won with a young-ish Amber (25) then Rob won with the young (19) Natalie Tennerelli.

Russell by elimination goes with Kalabaw tribe (only tribe without listed African-American member). Leaving Skupin with Tandang and Bible-Buddy Lisa.

Agree on CBS-dictated clothing/color schemes; never noticed until Samoa when contestants clothing so wonderfully color-coordinated it drew-out beauty of their surroundings . In Samoa Natalie (winner) wore her yellow dress everywhere; each successive season had a yellow-outfitted woman. Photos this season show yellow on a man (Artis) .

Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Just speculation, but with this show/game it's fun (and I promise I have not read any spoiler boards):

CBS wants Jonathan to win so he'll be with the youngest tribe (Matsing) and work with the youngest woman (age 20) Angie from Utah, the Mormon state whose contestants consistently make top four. Coach returned and almost won with the young (22) Sophie; Rob Mariano returned and nearly won with a young-ish Amber (25) then Rob won with the young (19) Natalie Tennerelli.

Russell by elimination goes with Kalabaw tribe (only tribe without listed African-American member). Leaving Skupin with Tandang and Bible-Buddy Lisa.

Agree on CBS-dictated clothing/color schemes; never noticed until Samoa when contestants clothing so wonderfully color-coordinated it drew-out beauty of their surroundings . In Samoa Natalie (winner) wore her yellow dress everywhere; each successive season had a yellow-outfitted woman. Photos this season show yellow on a man (Artis) .
When I searched for a list of contestants, I found this link which lists the tribes in full. So if you want it to be a surprise, don't visit this link: http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...nts-45941.html
Old 08-21-2012, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
When I searched for a list of contestants, I found this link which lists the tribes in full. So if you want it to be a surprise, don't visit this link: http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...nts-45941.html
The second link in my post at the top of the thread also shows the tribes.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The second link in my post at the top of the thread also shows the tribes.
Haha, why did I bother googling?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumping for Wednesday's show...

Old 09-19-2012, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

People kept calling me on the phone so I missed everything up until Tribal Council. Ugh. I did notice some color coordination at TC though.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Zane was just a special kind of stupid.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Zane was just a special kind of stupid.
Finally, got a chance to watch it last night, and . . . uh . . . yeah. Bless his heart.