GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 903
1 members and 902 guests
KDKells

Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Mary Kay

Does anyone else sell Mary Kay? I signed on about a month ago. I'm loving the skin care products and eye shadows. Does anyone have any tips? Pros/cons? I haven't made it to one of the big classes our team leader does weekly but it feels a little sorority-ish.

KLTC
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I do. I signed up back in August. I've been a customer for years and LOVE the products, but I'm really not making that much money off of it. If you dont have the products in stock, you have to order them, and pay shipping, and you dont want to buy just a few things and pay $8 shipping.... I'm at a point where I've decided that I'm just going to keep doing it for the handful of loyal customers I do have, and to get my own products discounted. I'm not doing it hard core because it's just not me.

I don't feel like it's the place to make "a little bit of part time money," which is why I originally signed up. You either recruit people under you so you get commisions off them, or you have to have a large customer base of people who buy products frequently. It's a great company, but the money is not made off the products, it's made off the recruiting.

I've been to the weekly meetings, and it's VERY MUCH like a sorority chapter meeting. They give lots of good tips on how to offer sales and incentives, and how to recruit people to your team. You definitely should go to the meetings to get some pointers.