GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,257
2 members and 1,255 guests
John

Old 08-12-2011, 04:49 AM
GreekChat Member

New AGD Website, Visual Identity, and Branding

Quote:
Alpha Gamma Delta is pleased to announce the launch of a new website, visual identity and brand message—Live with Purpose. View the website at www.alphagammadelta.org.

"Alpha Gamma Delta is a relevant, values-based organization that encourages sisters to be there for one another, take care of themselves and their communities and stand for something greater than themselves," said Stephannie Sack Bailey, Executive Director. "Live with Purpose accurately reflects these ideals and we are excited to introduce the new brand message and website to the fraternal community."

The brand message, Live with Purpose, was inspired by the Alpha Gamma Delta Purpose, a set of ideals that guide Alpha Gamma Delta throughout their lives. It is reflective of the strong, progressive organization while staying true to the Fraternity's ideals and traditions. Additionally, Live with Purpose is universal; there is no defined way in which a member can effectively live with Purpose. It is up to the member to absorb the 10 lines, decide for herself what each line means to her and determine her own plan to incorporate those values into her life. Watch a short video about the brand message and visual identity here: www.alphagammadelta.org/alphagams/blog.
Link to website: http://alphagammadelta.org/Home
Link to myAlphaGam: http://alphagammadelta.org/Member/Lo...Fdashboard.php

Note -- your previous login to the old website's Member Services section will not work. You'll need to create new credentials to gain access.

Thank you, IHQ! I think the new look is wonderful!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:45 AM
GreekChat Member

It looks great!! However, it won't let me make an id
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

sorry for the crash, but your new site looks awesome! it's also a lot easier to navigate than the previous one
Old 08-12-2011, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Crashing also.. Love the site!

I think my favorite part about it so far is "Sisters near you" at the bottom of the main page.. It tells you how many AGDs are in your area! That's a pretty cool feature if you ask me

@~/~~~~
Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

So that was the big announcement scheduled for today?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
I love the new website!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
So that was the big announcement scheduled for today?
Your guess is as good as mine. Not sure if this is it, considering the site launched mid-day yesterday where I'm at.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
It looks great!! However, it won't let me make an id
I checked my iMail, and they sent one out about it. There are some snafus - when I get an email saying it's good to go I'll try again and let you all know if I was able to get in!

(The error for me said there was already a registered member with my credentials.)
Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Several things I'm not happy about. First, sisters whose updated info appeared on the old site are now appearing as Lost Sisters. Another is that you need to Click on "Share Information" in your profile. It will take forever for sisters to do this.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Several things I'm not happy about. First, sisters whose updated info appeared on the old site are now appearing as Lost Sisters. Another is that you need to Click on "Share Information" in your profile. It will take forever for sisters to do this.
I'm wondering how that might work for our sisters who don't use the internet very well, or at all. Considering these women may be older alumnae who prefer written invitations or phone calls, as well as snail mail or paper newsletters, being able to contact them is key and I'm not sure how we're going to do that.

One thing I found interesting as I was messing around was lost sisters now show up when I do a geographic search (state or zip) and that actually allowed me to reconcile five lost sisters this morning, three have entered Chapter Grand and I have current mailing addresses for the other two. I've noticed some lost sisters are lost due to name changes of second (third, fourth, and I think fifth for one!) marriages.

Speaking of Chapter Grand, I haven't seen what the designation is for those sisters, because I can't find any women I know have entered Chapter Grand. I've tried a few names and they aren't in the directory, period.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Speaking of Chapter Grand, I haven't seen what the designation is for those sisters, because I can't find any women I know have entered Chapter Grand. I've tried a few names and they aren't in the directory, period.

I have a feeling that they did a transfer of data a while ago. We found out that one of our sisters passed away about 6 months ago and it was on the old website. When you pull her up on the new site, it does not show her entering Chapter Grand. I was just trying to get in a few minutes ago and it is giving me an error message.

ITA: Sorry for the bitching, but I need to reduce my screen down to 75% to view each page. There is no left and right scroll on the bottom, and some of what I need to click on is cut off.
/end rant

Last edited by Benzgirl; 08-12-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Generally, I liked what I saw, but what's up with dropping one rose?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

If you go do the Facebook page, there is a youtube video that explains it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpYJNy8o94o

If you look at the rose, it looks like it is an extension of the "L" in Live. The Rose is a circle to stay consistent with what AGD is.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
If you go do the Facebook page, there is a youtube video that explains it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpYJNy8o94o

If you look at the rose, it looks like it is an extension of the "L" in Live. The Rose is a circle to stay consistent with what AGD is.
I think I watched that already, and it's cool.

But I think of us as having two roses.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
I checked my iMail, and they sent one out about it. There are some snafus - when I get an email saying it's good to go I'll try again and let you all know if I was able to get in!

(The error for me said there was already a registered member with my credentials.)
Crashing, but funny you say this because I had a similar problem with our new site. We now have a site called Exclusively Xi which I'm guessing is like your myAlphaGam. It takes the place of the In Circle group we have.

I was at a meeting with my alumnae group and many others had the problem of the user name being taken. One lady said she had success when she tried a new user name. I did the same and it worked for me too. Oddly enough my email addresses, phone numbers, etc. were already linked up to the account I just registered. So somehow they already put our information in the system...its just odd that it wouldn't let me register with the initial username that I wanted. Is myAlphaGam hosted by Omega by any chance? I'm on my phone so I can't really tell. Exclusively Xi is. Maybe it's the same glitch?