Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 857
1 members and 856 guests
John

Old 01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

How and where did you and your SO meet? Who was the aggressor?

As I read about people talking about their significant others on here, I'm just curious to know how and where did you meet each other? What was your first date like and who was the "next level" aggressor? You or your SO? I'm single, so I don't have any stories to tell, but I would like to read other stories though.

Last edited by Lasonja; 01-13-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Our first date was at a comic book shop since we both enjoy a (manga) Japanese samurai story called Lone Wolf and Cub. After we left the store, we had dinner. It was a fun date. I remember the look on his face when I walked in the store. He kept averting his stare the whole time we were there. I would catch him looking at me, not in a stalker way but the cute "puppy dog eyes" way. He and I are both Scorpios and we are both aggressive but I stepped back and let him do the "man thing" and be the aggressor. He knew at the end of the date I wanted to go out with him again. Needless to say, it's been a year and 6 months now. Last year at one of his best friends wedding, he and I had been together only 6 months and other guests there thought we were married. His friends thought we had been together longer than 6 months. LOL!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

My husband was the best friend (from home) of our sweetheart my junior year. Said sweetheart threw us an off campus party one night, invited his BF from home up "because there would be a ton of hot chicks there." I couldn't take my eyes off him for a long time. Finally introduced myself, we spent the whole night talking. The following weekend, I drove 2 hours to the town where he lived to go to a family dinner. I was the aggressor, and we've been married for over 7 years.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm really laughing at the use of the word "agressor." "Date me!! NOW!!!"

My wife's sister introduced us. At church. Yep, we met at church on a Sunday morning. Our first date was a minor league baseball game. I guess I'd say that I was the persistent one, at least at first, though my mother would have said my wife chased me until I caught her.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I've known my husband since middle school, but we never really talked much until college. We had a lot of the same friends and took a lot of the same classes, just avoided each other, I guess? Once we were in college, I invited him to come to eat with me in the campus dining hall so I would have someone there I at least knew, and we wound up talking for hours about nuclear weapons. We kept meeting in the dining hall after that, and kept getting kicked out by the cafeteria ladies for making elaborate sculptures out of our leftovers and for staying too long. I tried to get him to ask me on a "real" date, but my attempts at subtlety failed miserably and somehow we just kind of wound up as a couple without any of the usual dating crap.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I met my husband at a restaurant we both worked at. I invited him to a party, then in the days afterward he would come stop by my house. I wouldn't say either it us was more aggresive, but I made the first move. Funny thing that it was against policy for us to date, but we did for almost 8 months before anyone, except his family who also worked there, found out. I think the best was this obnoxious waitress who kept insisting that he was making goo-goo eyes at her...little did she know...
Old 01-14-2011, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll try to keep this short. When I was finishing up my last year at the University of Minnesota, there was a coffee shop (Nina's) that I used to go to where I would study. I actually had been going there for about a year. That was also his favorite spot, but we never saw each other. And I know at one time or another we were there at the same time, we just didn't notice each other. We became e-mail buddies, until one weekend he told me he was coming to visit his parents. So, we agreed to meet up at Nina's (I also brought two of my friends with me, just incase). So, we all talked for a few hours, ate, had coffee, etc. Long before I met him/talked to him/e-mailed him, I applied to the vet schools I wanted to attend. I got accepted to my first choice, which happened to be in the same state where he lives, just over an hour away. I didn't know anyone in Michigan, so we hung out a lot during that summer. Although, I thought he was really, really hot, I never pursued him in that way. We were just friends for the longest, I just thought he was a really fun person to be around. I don't think we ever really had an actual "first date" because we never hung out in that way. Eventually, one thing led to another, and we've been together ever since.

I would say he was the one who pursued me. He disagrees, but I think it was because I told him about this guy who asked me out on a date. That's when he started moving a little faster. So, he was the "aggressor".
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 01-14-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

My SO is friends with my sorority sisters, so we actually were around each other a lot before ever dating. One of the girls told me he thought I was hot (they like to shit stir, which I love about them), and when the guy I was dating at the time pulled some unforgiveable stuff he kind of sidled into the picture. I finally dumped the other guy and agreed to go on a date with him and that was that.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 01-14-2011, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Long story short, I met him at work! He came by my office to ask someone else (who wasn't there) a question, we got to talking for about a half hour, and before he got back to his office, I found him on the email address book and emailed him a link to a game to play via excel. We lined up a date that day!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I met my bf at a day party, but I don't remember meeting him! I swear I was sober, too. I was dating one of his older brothers at the time, and my bf is a year younger than me, so he wasn't really memorable to me that day. We ended up hanging out and seeing each other off and on for a few years after that, but we didn't actually start dating until April 2010. I went out dancing with him and some of our mutual friends. We argue about who made the first move, but I still insist it was him!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Blind date. He needed a date for his formal, one of his brothers was put on the case, and asked our president if she had any suggestions. My name got thrown out there, I gave the okay to pass along my number, he texted me the next day, we met the next evening at his formal... and we've been dating ever since.

I don't think either one was really an aggressor. He kissed me first, and showed me he was feeling what I was thinking. He invited me over all the time after that, so I guess it was technically him- but I sure pursued it too!

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 01-15-2011, 01:51 AM

One of my sorority sisters introduced us back when I was a freshman and he and she were sophomores. She thought we'd make a great couple, but for whatever reason it didn't "take".

Fast forward to the end of my junior year / end of his senior year. We'd each racked up a couple of psycho exes in the interim, so each of us had ideas about what we didn't want in a partner. Anyway, I went to a party at his dorm. Neither of us knew a lot of people at the party, so we started chatting with each other and dancing. We went to the after-party and danced some more, then left and chatted some more. Then the sun rose...

He and I each stayed on for grad school. We got engaged during my senior year and got married after we finished our grad programs.

I couldn't say either of us was really the aggressor, though as I recall, I kissed him first.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I met my husband online. I was not going to "date" him because he didn't fit the profile (smoker, among other things), but he was funny, so I figured we could have lunch as a reasonable escape from work. During the lunch, I said that I had a date with another guy that night, but now I didn't want to go. He said "dump the mofe. We'll go out." And we did.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

My first date with my bf was Coronas at the river near Santa Cruz. It was super cute. I wanted to know why he had decided to go to school in CA (he's from WA), and he said he'd tell me over beers @ the river.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
I met my husband through a local punk rock website. He sent me a message on AIM because he liked my posts and thought I was funny. We talked on AIM for weeks and weeks until he finally asked to call me. Then he asked me out on a date, which went awesome. Then we met up at a show the next week, and I kissed him. Turns out we knew the same people, had been at the same parties and shows, just had never been introduced.

AAAAAAAAAANnnd then my mom and dad found out that he was 21 and I was 16. Oops. We were banned from seeing each other for 6 months. We talked on the phone and on AIM during that time, and at the end of our "ban" we were allowed to date in groups, and then they eventually just said, "behave yourselves and don't end up pregnant".

So in the beginning the agressor was both of us. In the "ban" stages, it was definitely me.

That was almost 10 years ago, our first date. We've been married for over two years now. And still madly in love! And my parents love him to pieces. They call him "Saint Patrick" for putting up with me.