Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,162
0 members and 1,162 guests
No Members online

Old 12-18-2010, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Senior Week Ideas

Hey everyone! I'm looking for ideas for things to do as part of a "Senior Week" to honor the seniors and thank them for their involvement over the years, and also encourage them to stay involved as alumnae. I'm hoping to make this a really fun and exciting week that I'm going to talk up throughout the semester so that seniors will stay committed and not "check out" like often happens spring of senior year. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate them! Thank you!

Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a brunch with the local AA in May where the seniors are inducted into KD alumnae status. They receive their graduation stoles and get to chat with local alums.

We also have "Senior Wills" where each senior's little sister reads a letter she's written to her big with memories/jokes/heartfelt words in front of the sorority. Each senior also passes down items to underclassmen. It's usually generic KD stuff, plus lots of family "mascot" stuff (eg stuffed animals etc). She usually says a few words about why she's chosen to give the item(s) to that sister. We also have "traditional" passdowns, like our giant wooden letters we use in the Bid Day photos (those technically belong to the house, but get passed down to the two sisters who are closest friends in the house.") It usually takes about 2 hours to get through everything, but is my favorite way to honor the seniors!

We also have the senior parents send letters/pictures reminiscing about the girl's childhood and telling her how proud they are of her graduating. These are read at chapter (usually 1-2 per week to spread them out).

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.