Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,609
1 members and 1,608 guests
Xidelt

Old 11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Places people have gotten engaged!

So, I'm working at the ice rink Turkey day and I see a couple get engaged on the ice in front of the union square x-mas tree (San Francisco). It was sweet. He was down on his shaky knee and she did the "OMG" hands over mouth and she started to cry. After they were done, I offered to and ended up taking a picture of them.

What's your story or have you seen a couple get engaged?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww...what a sweet topic. I've never seen anyone get engaged, and I was just in my college apartment when my guy popped the question. I hope other people have some good stories to share.

Be a Volunteer!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

In a hotel room...

We were getting ready to go out to dinner for our anniversary and I gave her her gift. It was a scrapbook type of picture book of pictures we had taken over the years. The last page/picture was a picture of the ring with the caption "Will you marry me?". I then dropped to my knee, lip quivering, hands shaking and proposed. I didn't hear myself say the actual words but she said yes lol.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw that a friend from high school got engaged at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World last week. Now that would be awesome.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 11-30-2010, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumiyum View Post
I saw that a friend from high school got engaged at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World last week. Now that would be awesome.

We were at the Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld. We had just finished dinner at Cinderella's Table in the castle when he got down on one knee. He had called ahead to set it up so they would get our picture, and give us a good table by the windows overlooking the park. It was pretty much perfect. I cried, the strangers at the next table cried, and the whole restaurant clapped after I said yes. I will NEVER forget it.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post

We were at the Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld. We had just finished dinner at Cinderella's Table in the castle when he got down on one knee. He had called ahead to set it up so they would get our picture, and give us a good table by the windows overlooking the park. It was pretty much perfect. I cried, the strangers at the next table cried, and the whole restaurant clapped after I said yes. I will NEVER forget it.
I'm jealous. Disney World is one of my favorite places EVER.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 11-30-2010, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I was working Winter Wonderland - a mile-long drive-through Christmas lights display and the people working security saw a car pulled over at one point. When they checked to see what was going on, they found out that the guy had stopped to propose to his girlfriend.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

A really good friend of mine from church got engaged via a cute little clue hunt.

It started at her house, where a clue told her to go to her best friend's house where Best Friend had the next clue. This clue told her to go to the local park (with best friend who was taking pics the entire time).

Once she got to the park, she found a clue that told her to follow the hiking trail and see where it led. Along the trail, there were 24 roses (a rose for every month that they were together).

At the end of the trail, her fiance was waiting with the ring. He asked her to marry him and she said yes. He then led her to a limo that took her to her parent's restaurant where all of her friends and family were there to celebrate their engagement.

The best part of this was that Best Friend was following her and taking pics the entire time, so there are pictures of her reaction to every moment which is really cute.

They got married in 2009!

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animate View Post
In a hotel room...

We were getting ready to go out to dinner for our anniversary and I gave her her gift. It was a scrapbook type of picture book of pictures we had taken over the years. The last page/picture was a picture of the ring with the caption "Will you marry me?". I then dropped to my knee, lip quivering, hands shaking and proposed. I didn't hear myself say the actual words but she said yes lol.
Shut the front door! That's how my husband proposed to me! It wasn't a scrapbook so much as just a photo album, and it was just pictures from a roll of film he had just developed. But the very last picture was one of him on bended knee holding the ring. He was in the kitchen while I was looking through the photos. I sat there for a few minutes, thoroughly confused. He finally yelled "Are you coming in here or not?" I said yes when I walked in the kitchen though.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

By the way, I've been engaged twice and still have yet to get an honest-to-God proposal.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I know of both an ice rink and Disney proposal! One couple had gone skating at Rockefeller Center in the weeks leading up to Christmas. He had booked a private skate and when the rest of the crowd cleared off the ice, he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him and the spectators cheered!

Another girlfriend of mine was down in Disney World with her mother on vacation. As a surprise, her boyfriend flew down to Florida for the day, and found out when she and her mother would be right in front of Cinderella’s castle. My girlfriend spotted him through the crowd and he walked up and proposed at the castle!

My husband completely threw me off as he made reservations at Tavern on the Green a week after Valentine’s Day. He got down on his knee and proposed during dessert. I was in shock! I think I cried in my cheesecake.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
By the way, I've been engaged twice and still have yet to get an honest-to-God proposal.
Me neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
He then led her to a limo that took her to her parent's restaurant where all of her friends and family were there to celebrate their engagement.

And um, what if she had said no? Could have been a very awkward moment!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^I know, right? But they had been talking marriage and such for quite some time. I tend to think that you don't plan stuff like that unless you have a good idea of what she likes and whether she'll say yes. lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

When I went to the Harry Potter premire, there was this guy who got up and started playing the guitar and singing (Hey Soul Sister) to this girl in the front row. I thought, what in the hell...

Then when he finished he got up and proposed to her =) She said yes. Everyone was freaking out! It was pretty awesome.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:35 PM

My husband proposed to me at the 180 Smoot mark on the Mass. Ave. bridge. He wanted to propose when we were halfway across, with the Boston skyline as a backdrop - but the exact halfway point is marked "Halfway to Hell" and that wasn't the message he was after.

We will always be able to point out the exact spot where he proposed. Plus, he was planning to throw me in the river if I said no. (I think he was joking. )