GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 884
1 members and 883 guests
KDKells

Old 11-06-2001, 05:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking What's the best gift you've ever received?

Gift(s) from anyone (parents, relatives, bfs/gfs, siblings, friends ...) on whatever occasions ...

Mine is :
The best gift I ever received, I got 3 days ago from a friend whom I have not heard from in a year.
The gift - were words from the heart that were pure and true and put in a poem she wrote just for me.

Care to share your stories here?
Old 11-06-2001, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

My son knew there was a group I "loved". He went and bought the CD for me. He said there was a song on it that he wanted me to hear. I know it must have been difficult (image and all) for him to buy this particular CD.

Backstreet Boys....song- Biggest Fan

If you're a Mom, you need to hear this. GCers, if you have heard it
and feel the way the song describes, your Mom would love it.
I was so touched, I cried and hugged and kissed and cried some more.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard
Not a gift I received, but one I've given that I feel was a pretty damn cool gift. As most know, I write, so I'd written her maybe 30 poems that when told all followed a basic flow in thought. I recorded myself reading them all as seperate tracks, then burned them onto a cd. Then I burned another cd of songs that held special meaning, or just had great lyrics in such a way that the songs flowed in thought the same way the poems did. Then I made a cd cover with the words to all of the poems, and some artwork on a glossy cardboard-ish type thing such that it had the appearance of a real cd cover and back cover, and put all of that into my old "Infinite Sadness..." double cd case. It was an awesome gift.

I've never really gotten a gift that has really touched me.

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 11-06-2001, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

My mom's engagement ring. She had the diamond reset into two saphires and gave it to me for my 21st birthday, with the most wonderful note I have ever recieved. It talked all about how family is the most important thing and how no matter what, there love would always be there. And she also told me that she had the stone reset so it would be a part of her, but also different, just like I was a part of her, but different. I think I bawled for a good 20 minutes.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

It's funny how it's the little things that are really touching. My boyfriend makes me CD's all the time, usually for any major occassion. He also likes to but a hidden bonus track on the end that's something special of funny or whatever. On the CD he made me for my birthday he remembered that I'd mentioned my dance recital song in kindergarten was Happiness Hotel from the Muppet Movie. He found it on mp3 and hid it on the end of my CD. I thought that was just the cutest thing ever.... Proves that he not only listens to all the goofy things I say but actually understands and enjoys my goofyness.