Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 858
0 members and 858 guests
No Members online

Old 06-07-2010, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2
Section 76/Cross Stitch chart?

Hey Brothers,

As I'm migrating to the Atlanta area in the next two months, I am possibly looking to help out the staff in Section 76. Does anyone have an e-mail address or even a number for a brother in this section? I e-mailed one of the chapters that I found on HQ's site to no avail.

The second part of this post is I'm looking for a cross stitch chart pattern with the coat of arms. Again, there are too few searches for this.

Any help/suggestions?

Frat'ly yours in LFS,
Cynthia
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADFSUGirl2K2 View Post
As I'm migrating to the Atlanta area in the next two months, I am possibly looking to help out the staff in Section 76. Does anyone have an e-mail address or even a number for a brother in this section? I e-mailed one of the chapters that I found on HQ's site to no avail.

The second part of this post is I'm looking for a cross stitch chart pattern with the coat of arms. Again, there are too few searches for this.
Drop a line to the Section 76 chair.

AFAIK, I thought the National Office sold a cross stitch or needlepoint pattern of the coat of arms. check with them or Fraternity Row in Rochester (a greek store run by an APO Brother who supplies the National Office with most of their stuff).

Hope that helps.
Section 71 Chair
Old 06-08-2010, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Quala67
X-stitch chart

PM me. I think I can help you!

Alumnus, Zeta Beta/Va Tech and ADI/VCU
Advisor, Alpha Beta Omega/ODU, Phi Mu/NSU, & AZPhi/Regent U
Old 06-08-2010, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb021 View Post
Drop a line to the Section 76 chair.

AFAIK, I thought the National Office sold a cross stitch or needlepoint pattern of the coat of arms. check with them or Fraternity Row in Rochester (a greek store run by an APO Brother who supplies the National Office with most of their stuff).

Hope that helps.
You can contact the section 76 chair from a link on the section 76 page at the National Website
http://www.apo.org/pages/show/About/...Details?sec=76

The will be a link next to section chair's email. If you are logged in, it will give you the email address, if you are not logged in, it will take to you to a form that you can put your letter in and it will send it to them (including your email in what you put there).

You can also try going to the Region IV web page at http://www.regionivapo.org/staff.php which has the email links direct (so much for hiding them from robot web searches. )

You are unlikely to get many chapters during the summer months, so the chair is your best bet. If you don't get a response in a few weeks, I'd suggest contacting the Regional Director directly. (his email is also on the region IV staff web page)

As for the cross stitch, I can't find it on the National website, but I'm pretty sure they've done it in the past.

As for outside websites, I found http://stitch4u.com/Cross_Stitch_Kits.htm , http://www.greekgear.com/greek-cross-stitch-kits.html , and http://www.stitchinpostnashville.com...ubCategory=239 (they were just early google hits on "cross stitch" and "alpha phi omega"

I'm not sure how much more accurate one purchased through the National Office would be (though I personally would be curious if any of the cross stitch patters had the triangles of drops as two drops over one like some of the large blankets have (have had?))
Old 06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe the cross stick kit they sold may be the same as the one offered by stitch4u.

I seem to recall picking up a booklet for a buck or two at the last national convention that had just patterns for several items in it.
Section 71 Chair
Old 06-08-2010, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2
@Quala, I sent you a PM!

I've checked the sites y'all mentioned but I just needed the chart since I crochet and the kits are ridiculous in price (IMO).
Old 06-09-2010, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb021 View Post
I believe the cross stick kit they sold may be the same as the one offered by stitch4u.

I seem to recall picking up a booklet for a buck or two at the last national convention that had just patterns for several items in it.
There are probably sites out there that will allow you to make your own charts from jpegs. http://www.apo.org/site/site_images/...ges/76/174.jpg is the coat of arms in a *huge* jpeg. (At the actual size, which you can get by clicking on it, I don't have the 12 drops and all three fleur-de-lis on the screen at the same time.) My browser says that it is 1862px by 2409px.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I found the cross-stitch sampler they sold at the 2008 NatConv. It cost $5. Its copyrighted by Jordan Neuringer, who runs the APO Collection. So I'd say contact him about getting a copy.
Section 71 Chair
Old 06-20-2010, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

website

The APO collection website is at http://www.apocollection.com
Old 06-20-2010, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm happy that the website is up.

I hope that there are a wide variety of vendors at convention this year.

naraht, I have a shirt to send you from the 2005 sectionals if you will please send me your mailing address.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Email A at section.76.chair@apo.org. She should get back to you.

Where exactly are you in Atlanta?