GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,156
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,016
3 members and 1,013 guests
John, PhoenixAttain

Old 05-24-2010, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

Tonight begins another installment of that hot mess we all know and love. This time we have Ali Fedotowsky, yet another second-chancer.

Let's see what the producers can cook up this time around.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Aren't trainwrecks required?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofISigKap View Post
Aren't trainwrecks required?
Yes. Not only is this reality tv, this is a reality DATING show. Trainwrecks are a MUST.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience" -Colossians 3:12
Old 05-24-2010, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Well with the cheeseballs I've seen so far, I don't see how there couldn't be any trainwrecks.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:07 AM
GreekChat Member

This poisoned "Bachelor Family Tree" traces all the way back to Brad Womack...and it needs to be chopped down.

Observe:
Brad Womack -> Deanna Pappas -> Jason Mesnick -> Jillian Harris -> Jake Pavelka -> Ali Fedotowsky

That's 6 interations of this show that are interrelated. Get some new blood already!!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Warning_ tacky comment ahead:

Anyone else think Ali looks heavier now than she did when on The Bachelor? That girls needs serious arm exercises! Her arms looked very flabby in that black evening dress.

Also, just for the purpose of full disclosure - I cannot stand her. I think she is terribly fake and am going to have a hard time enjoying this season.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^^

Maybe she'll pick Craig M. from Canada, b.k.a - "Mr. Bouffant"

Yeah, I agree that there is a terrible pattern to this show for both genders.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post

Anyone else think Ali looks heavier now than she did when on The Bachelor? That girls needs serious arm exercises! Her arms looked very flabby in that black evening dress.

Also, just for the purpose of full disclosure - I cannot stand her. I think she is terribly fake and am going to have a hard time enjoying this season.
Ugh, I thought she was A LOT more annoying last night than she was last season. I agree that she came off incredibly fake and ditzy.

However, as much as I disliked her, a lot of the guys made me absolutely cringe. Maybe I'm picky, but most of those guys' antics were a complete turnoff, IMO.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Rated-R is my favorite......
Old 05-25-2010, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post

I agree with just about EVERYTHING you said. I will say, however, it's not that I can't stand her but I DO definitely think that she is fake. I thought it was ironic that they brought out the box for the bachelors to write down who they thought was not there for the right reason - the entire time I was thinking "I'll bet SHE isn't there for the right reason! Send HER home!"

I would have much preferred if that sweet girl whose heart Jake broke (Tenley) was the new bachelorette.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience" -Colossians 3:12
Old 05-25-2010, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I like Tenley too much to want to see her as the new bachelorette
Old 05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought that 90% of those guys were just UCK! I wonder if they are having trouble getting people to sign up for the show these days, cuz it sure looked like they are "bottom of the barrel" types.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
I thought that 90% of those guys were just UCK! I wonder if they are having trouble getting people to sign up for the show these days, cuz it sure looked like they are "bottom of the barrel" types.
+1

These were not the smoking hot guys of bachelorettes past. But after seeing the big preview, it looks as if we will see a few train wrecks. Here's hoping!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I like Tenley too much to want to see her as the new bachelorette
I liked her too. I wasn't thinking of it in that way. I was just saying that if they wanted someone sincere about finding love, they would have had Tenley. Their choosing Ali says a lot about the seriousness of the show.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought quite a few of them were handsome. I couldn't believe she kept that jerk from Sarnia, Ontario, though. He was nothing but rude the whole night, and I don't even remember her talking to him.

I loved the way Frank jumped out of the limo skylight. And I liked the weatherman. I love a guy with a sense of humor, so that's a win with me. There were other guys I liked, too, but a lot of them ran together for me.

The guy from Colorado (the outdoorsman) seemed a little "off," but I thought he had the funniest line of the night: "I'm not really concerned about the other guys. I mean, I've killed a bear."

The bachelors and bachelorettes can only be so "real" on a show like this. I mean, the filming must go on for hours and hours, and I'm sure they do re-takes of at least the scenes between just her and Chris Harrison or just her. On this episode in particular, it was all about the guys and their antics...all she really got to do was react to them.

I'm trying to figure out who it is that has a girlfriend!