GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,286
0 members and 1,286 guests
No Members online

Old 03-05-2001, 01:11 AM
Unregistered-

Exclamation Frat brother on MTV's Fear

Did anyone catch MTV's latest installment of FEAR? Javier was wearing a Pi Kappa Phi shirt...

Any information on where he's from? He's pretty hot!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 03-05-2001, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I did not catch that but I was really mad about MTV's latest episode of "undressed"- did anyone see it this past weekend? It really portrayed sorority women as total _itches/sluts. Between that episode and a later thread how MTV wants to film a girl going thru rush- I am getting the feeling MTV is def. anti-greek!

Old 03-05-2001, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I saw Javier on Fear last night. Hes ok. Of course I am a guy and very straight at that. I think that show is kind of sketchy. Of course I only saw part of it last night. I agree on MTV being anti-greek. I wonder if those that sport their letters on the shows think how they might be protrayed on the show. I'm not knocking anyone. I just think discretion should be used when wearing your letters on t.v.. just my opinion.
Old 03-05-2001, 11:38 AM

Emily on the Real World/Road Rules Challenge was wearing letters in the last episode. It looked like a Homecoming shirt because it had Pike's letters and then the sorority letters. I think it may have been KD. Does anyone know?
Old 03-23-2001, 04:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Javier is a Pi Kappa Phi at Florida International University, Miami!
Old 03-23-2001, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

lol
Old 03-23-2001, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy Optimist:
lol
I don't remember typing this

Old 03-24-2001, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Emily is hot.
Old 03-24-2001, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Does anyone remember when the Road Rules had to go to a college campus and try to get men to do that penis-pump ? I remember at the end the two hotties were wearing Chi Omega shirts and Delta Zeta shirts...They probably thought they were the pimps LOL
Old 03-28-2001, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

wasnt the amaya chic from real world- hawaii in a sorority..i heard chi omega, then tri-delt? Anyone know? I hope to heaven that some poor unsuspecting rushee doesnt let MTV follow her around rush parties....its a pretty positive experience at our school but ive heard that MTV really messes with stuff, according to some real world person during and interview. They tend to distort and overexagerate the negative...not what the greek community needs!
Old 03-28-2001, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by unforgettable:
wasnt the amaya chic from real world- hawaii in a sorority..i heard chi omega, then tri-delt? Anyone know? I hope to heaven that some poor unsuspecting rushee doesnt let MTV follow her around rush parties....its a pretty positive experience at our school but ive heard that MTV really messes with stuff, according to some real world person during and interview. They tend to distort and overexagerate the negative...not what the greek community needs!
Amaya was in Kappa Kappa Gamma. In her audition videos and follow up she's out with sisters and shows her chapter's composite.

Old 03-28-2001, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

James on Road Rules is a Beta Theta Pi from Cal-Berkeley.
Old 03-28-2001, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gibbonsgal:
Amaya was in Kappa Kappa Gamma. In her audition videos and follow up she's out with sisters and shows her chapter's composite.

GibbonsGal is right...she was a Kappa. I remember her talking about it too. I remember how she had a hard time adjusting to everything being so different and stuff. I think that girl got the wrong end of the stick in the house. She was sweet and nice, but I believe that MTV portrayed her as differently.

Old 03-28-2001, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gibbonsgal:

GibbonsGal is right...she was a Kappa. I remember her talking about it too. I remember how she had a hard time adjusting to everything being so different and stuff. I think that girl got the wrong end of the stick in the house. She was sweet and nice, but I believe that MTV portrayed her as differently.

Old 03-28-2001, 07:48 PM
Unregistered-

Cool

You're right...MTV likes to distort the truth. I used to be those RW groupies who'd hang out at Local Motion because we though Colin was a hottie...that and we wanted to be on TV (we managed to be on TV 4 times!).

Anyway, the RW isn't so real. Many of the the things we saw on TV was "scripted" in a way...and MTV goes to great lengths to improve dramatic content.

Amaya served my friends and I at Local Motion many times, and she was always nice and down for a conversation. I was very disappointed to see MTV portray her that way. Oh well.

------------------
"Talk doesn't cook rice."--Someone smart

Visit Alpha Gamma Delta-Delta Sigma chapter!

[This message has been edited by OohTeenyWahine (edited March 28, 2001).]