Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,244
2 members and 1,242 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

mixed signals!

Several weeks ago I went on a trip with a few friends and some of their friends from our university who I didn't know before came with us. Me and one of the guys hit it off pretty well and I started to get a crush on him. We flirted with each other a lot, and he didn't flirt with any of the other girls on the trip but me. One night a few of us including him went into a bar. He was having a long conversation with another guy and I was getting bored, so I started talking to a random cute guy who was there. I wanted to make the guy I like just a little bit jealous. However, the bar guy took it a little too far and started kissing me and rubbing my legs. I was not interested in him and fortunately my group was ready to go. After this happened the guy I like didn't pay attention to me at all. We were on the trip for several more days but he never said anything to me but "hi." I tried to talk to him and I kept flirting with him but he always seemed very annoyed when I did so and he obviously tried to avoid me.

It has been several weeks since we returned from our trip and although we have run into each other several times he does not speak to me -- not even hi -- and he avoids making eye contact with me. Soon after we got back I made out with one of his friends at a party in front of him. Bad move, I know, but I thought he didn't like me and I wanted to hurt him like he had hurt me by avoiding me. A few nights ago we were both at a party. I struck up the courage to go say hi. He seemed really excited to see me and he said "Hey... You look good, how are you doing?" we had a short conversation about the party but I ended it quickly to go talk to a friend because I wanted to leave him wanting more. We have run into each other since then but still, no talking or even eye contact.

I think either 1. he liked me and was angry/upset when he saw me with the guy in the bar or 2. he didn't like me and was weirded by the thought that I liked him. Which one do you think it is? And if you think he liked me, what can I do to get his attention again? Please help, he is driving me crazy!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredaHamm View Post
Several weeks ago I went on a trip with a few friends and some of their friends from our university who I didn't know before came with us. Me and one of the guys hit it off pretty well and I started to get a crush on him. We flirted with each other a lot, and he didn't flirt with any of the other girls on the trip but me. One night a few of us including him went into a bar. He was having a long conversation with another guy and I was getting bored, so I started talking to a random cute guy who was there. I wanted to make the guy I like just a little bit jealous. However, the bar guy took it a little too far and started kissing me and rubbing my legs. I was not interested in him and fortunately my group was ready to go. After this happened the guy I like didn't pay attention to me at all. We were on the trip for several more days but he never said anything to me but "hi." I tried to talk to him and I kept flirting with him but he always seemed very annoyed when I did so and he obviously tried to avoid me.

It has been several weeks since we returned from our trip and although we have run into each other several times he does not speak to me -- not even hi -- and he avoids making eye contact with me. Soon after we got back I made out with one of his friends at a party in front of him. Bad move, I know, but I thought he didn't like me and I wanted to hurt him like he had hurt me by avoiding me. A few nights ago we were both at a party. I struck up the courage to go say hi. He seemed really excited to see me and he said "Hey... You look good, how are you doing?" we had a short conversation about the party but I ended it quickly to go talk to a friend because I wanted to leave him wanting more. We have run into each other since then but still, no talking or even eye contact.

I think either 1. he liked me and was angry/upset when he saw me with the guy in the bar or 2. he didn't like me and was weirded by the thought that I liked him. Which one do you think it is? And if you think he liked me, what can I do to get his attention again? Please help, he is driving me crazy!
QFP.

And if you honestly don't know what you did wrong, then I feel bad for you.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

This sounds like the "Dear Meg" letters I used to read in "16 Magazine" in the 80s (is that still around?).

Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredaHamm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
QFP.

And if you honestly don't know what you did wrong, then I feel bad for you.
She knows what she did wrong. This guy would be well advised to stay away from her.

Just my two cents.

"Life is service. The one who progresses is the one who gives his fellow human beings a little more, a little better service." - E. M. Statler 1863 - 1928
Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
This sounds like the "Dear Meg" letters I used to read in "16 Magazine" in the 80s (is that still around?).
I was thinking that it sounds like "Real World" antics.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle View Post
She knows what she did wrong. This guy would be well advised to stay away from her.

Just my two cents.
Agreed.