GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,388
1 members and 1,387 guests
No Members online

Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Tiger Woods

SO is this a big deal, or overblown?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 11-29-2009, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Did he wife really attack him with a golf club?

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

probably...they aren't 'required' to talk to the cops.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 11-29-2009, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Should have kept it in his pants!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it works out well that they're covering for each other. If what I've read is truly, she attacked him on some level, and he was driving under the influence of prescription painkillers. So they both have an interest in keeping away from the cops.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

Domestic violence accusations are always a big deal.

People wouldn't let it go if it was a husband (celeb or not) accused of hitting a woman with a golf club. Even if she was hit because she "didn't keep it in her pants."

Their attempt to cover this up won't make this all go away so easily. Hello, Tiger Woods...welcome to life as a celebrity.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Overblown.

They have a right to be private about domestic disputes if that really is what happened. I think people should respect that. Obviously if she hit him with the golf club she should be prosecuted, but if he doesn't want to press charges, that's on him. It is his choice.

As far as driving under the influence of prescription painkillers, I had not heard that. Either way they said that there was no evidence of alcohol or other drugs in his system. He was driving at a moderate speed. No big deal. I'm just glad he wasn't more seriously injured.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
Obviously if she hit him with the golf club she should be prosecuted, but if he doesn't want to press charges, that's on him. It is his choice.
Right.

And as with men who are accused of hitting women, the point will be driven home by whomever knows about the alleged incident even if the "abusee" insists on not talking about it/pressing charges.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
Overblown.

They have a right to be private about domestic disputes if that really is what happened. I think people should respect that. Obviously if she hit him with the golf club she should be prosecuted, but if he doesn't want to press charges, that's on him. It is his choice.

As far as driving under the influence of prescription painkillers, I had not heard that. Either way they said that there was no evidence of alcohol or other drugs in his system. He was driving at a moderate speed. No big deal. I'm just glad he wasn't more seriously injured.
Isn't keeping quiet about domestic disputes a "bad" thing? I think if there is ever violence involved, it is not a good thing to keep it hush-hush. I'm hoping I read that wrong. I don't even know what is happening with Tiger Woods. I hope he isn't cheating on his wife.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Isn't keeping quiet about domestic disputes a "bad" thing? I think if there is ever violence involved, it is not a good thing to keep it hush-hush.
I agree.

A lot of people (not speaking for deepimpact) only care when it's a woman getting her ass beaten.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Where is it written that she hit HIM with the golf club? Everything I've read or heard has said she used the golf club to break the window and get him out of the car. That is a far different story than a domestic violence one.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
Where is it written that she hit HIM with the golf club? Everything I've read or heard has said she used the golf club to break the window and get him out of the car. That is a far different story than a domestic violence one.

Thats just what I read. It was like 2:30am and she heard the crash and came out and broke the window with his golf club to get him out of the car.

What domestic violence on the car?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-29-2009, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
What domestic violence on the car?
well hopefully the car speaks out, you never hear about woman-on-car violence! lol
Old 11-29-2009, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
well hopefully the car speaks out, you never hear about woman-on-car violence! lol
Woman-on-Car Violence (lol)....No, I thought they said that she hit him. If it was just breaking a window of his car or something-that is one thing. If there is physical abuse going on, that is another.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

I only read that she used the golf club to get him out the car.

This thread made me think I missed something because I haven't been following this story closely. Oh well.