Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,519
1 members and 1,518 guests
AOIIalum

Old 09-25-2009, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Charles Manson follower Susan Atkins dies

LOS ANGELES – Susan Atkins, a follower of cult leader Charles Manson whose remorseless witness stand confession to killing pregnant actress Sharon Tate in 1969 shocked the world, has died. She was 61 and had been suffering from brain cancer.

Atkins' death comes less than a month after a parole board turned down the terminally ill woman's last chance at freedom on Sept. 2. She was brought to the hearing on a gurney and slept through most of it.

Full Story

Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Banned

I remember seeing footage of her being wheeled into court looking like she was barely alive. Brain cancer...ugh...horrendous. It was sad seeing her like that, but then I reminded myself of why she was incarcerated and thought about the families who fought to keep her behind bars.

R.I.P. and some would consider this proof that payback's a bitch.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I remember seeing footage of her being wheeled into court looking like she was barely alive. Brain cancer...ugh...horrendous. It was sad seeing her like that, but then I reminded myself of why she was incarcerated and thought about the families who fought to keep her behind bars.

R.I.P. and some would consider this proof that payback's a bitch.
I know, too bad she wasn't locked up in Scotland.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow. o.k. let me get this straight. Susan Atkins received a free college education/degree, she ate for free, got married twice, I also know she had a child in prison (something she denied Sharon Tate) and I'm just now learning that she even had a highly expensive medical procedure done...brain surgery?...free? I know a few students who had to stop going to school because of money, but Susan Atkins went and finished for free. I don't know how many innocent Americans there are without medical insurance, (I know it's a lot) but Susan Atkins gets major surgery to keep her alive a little longer (when she denied Sharon Tate and others their lives) for free. Awesome!

Ya know, I think she's received a ton of benefits (all paid for) that most innocent Americans would love to receive.

And she received all of it with all expenses paid for doing THIS.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=susdVTkLeg4

I have no remorse for her! NONE. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.....
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 09-26-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I have no remorse for her either. I just hope for her soul, she came to Jesus during her time in prison.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not saying she didn't deserve life in prison or even the death penalty (although I hesitate to say that anyone deserves the death penalty), but it seems like you folks are denying that her life had any value whatsoever, when even the victims' families admitted that she had done good works while in prison.

Quote:
During the roughly six-hour-long hearing, Debra Tate asked the board commissioners not to free Atkins.

"There has never been any hate in my heart for these people," she said. "I am incapable of hating. I commend them -- always have commended them -- for their good deeds that they have managed to accomplish within the walls of confinement. However, I do believe that the death of my sister, my nephew -- which would be turning 40 years old right now, this week -- is not an irrelevant cause."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/25/...manson.atkins/

Quote:
In prison, Atkins embraced Christianity and apologized for her role in the crimes. Prison staff endorsed her release at a hearing in 2005, but she was denied parole for the 13th time.
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...2.story?page=1

For what it's worth, the apologized part is conflicting other reports - the Tate family denies that she ever apologized to them.

I'm not saying that she didn't live a very depraved and horrible life, for the most part, but I'm not sure people are thinking about the fact that Charles Manson brainwashed and pretty much controlled an entire group of people who would do ANYTHING for him, even kill. Yes, they are ultimately responsible for their actions, but no one at this point is talking about the culpability that Manson holds in her fate.

Did she commit a horrible crime? Yes. Did she deserve to be punished? Yes. But, if one believes in God, she's in God's hands now, and it's no longer society's place to condemn her. Cancer, especially brain cancer, is a horrible experience, and I wouldn't wish it on even my worst enemy. Also, I wouldn't wish the experience of moving on after surviving someone who passed due to cancer, even if they're in prison.

I feel bad for her husband and child. I'm sure they're going through a pretty rough time. I feel bad for her victims' families as well, it seems that they've never gotten full closure and I'm sure they're doing some mourning of their own as well.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
But, if one believes in God, she's in God's hands now, and it's no longer society's place to condemn her. Cancer, especially brain cancer, is a horrible experience, and I wouldn't wish it on even my worst enemy. Also, I wouldn't wish the experience of moving on after surviving someone who passed due to cancer, even if they're in prison.

I feel bad for her husband and child. I'm sure they're going through a pretty rough time.
I agree. As much as I wanna think that the cancer was her payback, I would never wish cancer on anyone.

I hope for her sake, that her turn to Christianity wasn't fake, or to show that she somehow changed in prison. If she truly did, then hey if God can forgive her, then so can I (but idk how i would feel if it was my family member she murdered).

Did she really have a husband? Were they married before she went to prison or after? That's random, I never knew that.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
I agree. As much as I wanna think that the cancer was her payback, I would never wish cancer on anyone.

I hope for her sake, that her turn to Christianity wasn't fake, or to show that she somehow changed in prison. If she truly did, then hey if God can forgive her, then so can I (but idk how i would feel if it was my family member she murdered).

Did she really have a husband? Were they married before she went to prison or after? That's random, I never knew that.
She was married twice while in prison.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Interesting. The more you know.... lol
Old 09-26-2009, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And the second time was to her Harvard-graduate lawyer.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:43 PM

I don't believe ANY of the Manson followers/killers are sorry - look in their eyes when you see them at parole hearings. I still can't believe they let Squeaky Fromme out when she is the most likely of anyone to keep on keepin' on with Charlie's mission, IMO.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
she came to Jesus during her time in prison.
Don't they all?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otm7IFhwDQ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DboP4gT3p_I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
And the second time was to her Harvard-graduate lawyer.
Right, that's why I was too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I don't believe ANY of the Manson followers/killers are sorry - look in their eyes when you see them at parole hearings. I still can't believe they let Squeaky Fromme out when she is the most likely of anyone to keep on keepin' on with Charlie's mission, IMO.
I agree. I mean, I do believe anyone can come to Chirst because He knows the heart. I just think these monsters only use Christ so they can get out of of prison. Let them out, and I would bet everything I worked hard for that they would use drugs and murder again and again. Susan Atkins was a practicing devil worshiper, and she was also Manson's closest aide. She studied Satanism and even convinced Charles Manson himself that his name was significant. In her sick, twisted logic, she told him it meant "Man-Son" or "Son of Man", or "Christ". She also told him he's the devil too. Which is why Charles Manson (to this very day) believes he's Jesus Christ and the devil too. And let me add, all of Charles Manson's sick, sadistic teachings to his followers came from the Beatles White Album. And she now calls herself a "born again Christian?"....whatever. And for the greekchat members who believe this sick monster is sincere in her apologies, I know that if it was one of your loved ones who she stabbed 16 times, tasted their blood, and wrote on the wall "Political Piggies" or "Pigs" or "Healter Skelter" (as she spelled it) you would be singing a different tune. I'm with you 33girl.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 09-28-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:44 PM

Just to clarify that Beatles reference, he twisted their lyrics - they have gone on record countless times saying so. Helter Skelter is a plain old just make it loud song, for pity's sake. (Not to mention spelling it wrong on the wall.) I didn't think you were saying otherwise but I'm sensitive where my boys are concerned. So not only is Charlie a freak, he's an unoriginal freak.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

. . . and may she rot in hell.

She may receive forgiveness in the next world, but none here. When you do the sort of depraved things she did, your life should be forfeit, be it spent behind bars or be it extinguished by a chemical cocktail.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Just to clarify that Beatles reference, he twisted their lyrics - they have gone on record countless times saying so. Helter Skelter is a plain old just make it loud song, for pity's sake. (Not to mention spelling it wrong on the wall.) I didn't think you were saying otherwise but I'm sensitive where my boys are concerned. So not only is Charlie a freak, he's an unoriginal freak.
Yep. He did. I love the Beatles and I have the White Album. Everytime that song or Sexy Sadie starts, I skip them, and I actually like both songs. "Helter Skelter" is actually a harmless British carnival ride, but Charles Manson said it meant "War of Wars" Basically a race war, which is why he took the wallets from some of his victims and placed them in predominantly black neighborhoods. Apparently, he had a bad experience with African American prisoners. What a complete ASSHOLE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
. . . and may she rot in hell.
She should have done that when her sentence was imposed. Like, over 30 years ago, BEFORE she received her free education, BEFORE, she received free medical care, BEFORE she married and enjoyed some of the benefits of everyday life, and some of those benefits she received, innocent Americans (who want, need, and will contribute great things to society with them) don't and won't receive them....EVER.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 09-28-2009 at 07:07 PM.