Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,185
4 members and 1,181 guests
John, LaneSig, Phrozen Sands, PrettyBoy

Old 01-30-2009, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Michael Steele elected to GOP Chairman post

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The Republican Party picked its first black chairman Friday as it elected former Maryland Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele to rebuild the party after a string of devastating defeats.

Steele, 50, is regarded within the party as a skilled speaker who can help bring the Republican message to blacks, Hispanics, suburbanites and other fast-growing groups that have shunned the party in recent years.

He has argued that as a high-profile Republican in a heavily Democratic state he knows how to talk to voters outside of the party's Southern stronghold.

As Republican National Committee chairman, Steele will have to find a way to counter Democrat Barack Obama, the country's first black president, as well as Democratic leaders who control both houses of Congress.

link

I guess the GOP is trying to catch up to the times...who woulda thunk...first a woman VP running mate...now this.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

He's an excellent choice. I like him a lot.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
He's an excellent choice. I like him a lot.
Did you know he was indirectly responsible for Mike Tyson's last divorce arrangement?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-30-2009, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I think he's a complete douchebag and is a plain reflection of neo-con control over the Republican party.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 01-30-2009, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
I think he's a complete douchebag and is a plain reflection of neo-con control over the Republican party.
you wanna put that in engrish in a way we can understand the contempt that comes from that statemnt?

Thaaannnks...
Old 01-30-2009, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Agreed. I can't stand the neo-con ideology. It pisses me off. The fact that this duche's black doesnt change anything to me. There will be no change in the republican party other than the "face" of it.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.A.S.K. View Post
Agreed. I can't stand the neo-con ideology. It pisses me off. The fact that this duche's black doesnt change anything to me. There will be no change in the republican party other than the "face" of it.
Hey...give them credit, they too are showing that they are hip and can keep up wif da times...

heh...

**mumbling** divide and (try to) conquer.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Hey...give them credit, they too are showing that they are hip and can keep up wif da times...

heh...

**mumbling** divide and (try to) conquer.
Because the Democrats have been so swift to abandoning the "old white guy" model?

I'm just kind of "eh" about the selection - the party needs help and needs to re-group in time for the next round of Congressional elections. Hopefully they can do it.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

i can't think about him without thinking about the puppy commercial from a couple of years ago.