GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,699
2 members and 1,697 guests
amIblue?

Old 03-02-2001, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb UT - Bush Incident

I just heard something on the news about Bush's daughter being harassed by a drunk fraternity member.

Does anybody know what happened? Was he picked up by the secret service- or something? This is all we need! More bad publicity!!!!
Old 03-03-2001, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Yeah, it was Bush!
Old 03-03-2001, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I looked all over the news last night online and national...I couldn't find a thing. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to keep it hush hush since she (which ever daughter) may be going through recruitment or the new member process. I wonder if the Bushes will keep their daughters out of the public eye like the Clintons did? I know both of their daughters are pretty much grown, but I'm just curious to know!
Keep me posted if you find out more about the story! I'll keep looking too!
Hootie

------------------
What do you get when you cross and Alpha Omicron Pi and a Sigma Phi Epsilon? A beautiful Chi Omega!!!
Old 03-03-2001, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I didn't hear all of it on the news. I was hoping that someone else had. But, it did say that the fraternity guy was drunk at some party at Texas Christian University, of all places. He was picked up by someone who looked like a secret service guy, after making calls to the Bush daughter at UT in Austin, I think. That's all I could hear before the story went off. I haven't heard anything else about it, except that they didn't know whether the daughter was in the car or not with the agent. They weren't sure in the story whether he was just picked up for making the calls or he really was the boyfriend. I forgot to check the papers the next day, so I don't know any more info.
Old 03-03-2001, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a story the other night that one of the bush daughter's male friends got picked up for either underage or DUI and that he called her to pick him up from the jail. She sent one of her Secret Service agents to pick the kid up. They didn't know if she was in the car or not. The media was kind of jumping on the fact that the SS agent was picking up the kid from jail while she stayed at home. I don't know if maybe this is what you heard b/c if you only hear bits and pieces of the story it can sound different than what actually happened.

------------------
I am who I am.
Those who matter don't mind,
Those who mind don't matter.
Old 03-03-2001, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by fuzzie:
I saw a story the other night that one of the bush daughter's male friends got picked up for either underage or DUI and that he called her to pick him up from the jail. She sent one of her Secret Service agents to pick the kid up. They didn't know if she was in the car or not. The media was kind of jumping on the fact that the SS agent was picking up the kid from jail while she stayed at home. I don't know if maybe this is what you heard b/c if you only hear bits and pieces of the story it can sound different than what actually happened.

Fuzzie-

You're right.

There was a party at a fraternity house (don't know if it was a real house rented by members or the actual house) that got busted. The cops arrested 3 people for underage drinking. One, who is 18, said he was Jenna Bush's boyfriend. He kept asking "Is Jenna all right?". Other students said that she was there with the S.S. I kinda find that hard to believe cause she's like 19 but they don't know for sure if she was there. He made his one phone call and the secret service came to pick him up.

Here's my take: Don't use daddy's power to save your friends because they made a big mistake. They need to be held ACCOUNTABLE for their under-age actions. Just because you know the president's daughter doesn't mean you're some big-shot.

Old 03-03-2001, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fuzzie:

I saw the same thing on I think cnn or fox news.