Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,421
0 members and 1,421 guests
No Members online

Old 05-29-2012, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to iotamason Send a message via MSN to iotamason Send a message via Yahoo to iotamason
Unhappy Wanetta Gibson, who falsely accused HS star Brian Banks of rape and ruined his life.

Things like this make me shake my head and have fear for my son when he finally reaches highschool... the story of Brian Banks (Former HS Football Star Brian Banks Spent 6 Years in Prison for Rape Didn’t Commit).
What bothered me the most and there are a lot of things that bother me about this story is she never apologized. She never said, I am sorry for lying and destroying your life.
All she said was that she wanted to “let bygones to be bygones”.
She didn’t even have the guts after she admitted she lied to go to prosecutors because she didn’t want to give back the $1.5 million she stole from the school district for lying.
Just listen to Banks tell the story.
Thank god his defense team secretly taped her admitting that she lied about the rape or he still would have this hanging over him.
It just makes your angry that someone can do this type of thing and get away it. As of right now Gibson is still walking free and living off the $1.5 million she and her mother won in a lawsuit.
Banks has cleared his name, but he can’t get the 10 years back he lost.
Just try to remember when you were 17 and then when you were 27. How much did you change? How much of your life would be missing if someone took those years away from your.
Wanetta Gibson is evil woman with a black heart.
Besides destroying Banks life, she has hurt the credibility of every future rape accuser going forward. Rape is a serious charge and men who commit it should be thrown under the jail, but with women like Gibson out there it will always be doubt about these claims.
Just a terrible story and I hope someone goes after Gibson for all the money and possessions she has left and any criminal charges they can levy against her.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...-is-still-free

There's a video of the story in the link. I tried searching for her name but a thread didn't come up. Maybe I didn't search hard enough. I apologize if there is already a thread on this.

Last edited by iotamason; 05-29-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 05-29-2012, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

first of all the link is broken, secondly, somewhat similar topics have been discussed on here before (Duke lacrosse), and thirdly, I'm just going to sit back and wait for Max to arrive.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iotamason View Post
Besides destroying Banks life, she has hurt the credibility of every future rape accuser going forward.
No, she did not.

She is not the first or the last person to lie about something and that includes lying about being raped.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to iotamason Send a message via MSN to iotamason Send a message via Yahoo to iotamason
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
first of all the link is broken, secondly, somewhat similar topics have been discussed on here before (Duke lacrosse), and thirdly, I'm just going to sit back and wait for Max to arrive.
How is the Duke Lacrosse case and this one similar? In the Brian Bank's situation the young lady contacted Brian and admitted that she lied. She even confessed that rape did not occur. Eventually it was found out as a way for her and the mother to make 1.5 million. If I was in that situation I do not know if I would have the ability to be as forgiving as he was. The news story was brought up as a discussion point, not to cause a divide. I was inquiring if other people were placed in the same situation and the results happenned the way it did how would you react. To think she had the audacity to send a friend request on facebook and then say "let bygones be bygones" is kinda ludacris. She has robbed almost 6 years of a man's freedom for a money making scheme.

Last edited by iotamason; 05-29-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: had to correct some info.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw him with his attorney on CNN a couple days ago. He also had a college football scholarship that was lost...I think to USC. Yet, he was forgiving. He said he still hoped to try out for the NFL.

That woman must have no conscience. I was really mad at her, and sad for him, when I saw this story.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
How is the Duke Lacrosse case and this one similar?
Read those threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I saw him with his attorney on CNN a couple days ago. He also had a college football scholarship that was lost...I think to USC. Yet, he was forgiving. He said he still hoped to try out for the NFL.
I seriously doubt that he will have a career in the NFL. Being a free agent who sits on the bench is what I see in his future unless he gets publicity and a second chance from these teams.

Last edited by DrPhil; 05-29-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Read those threads.
I skimmed the Duke Lacrosse thread and saw all the chaos and racial posturing that was going on. In the Duke Lacrosse thread there was confusion concerning who to believe based on the young lady's profession and the race of the individuals being accused. The Martin case thread would be more similar to the Duke Lacrosse thread then the Brian thread situation. Both the martin case and the Duke Lacrosse situation were charged because many individuals were taking sides based on information as well as race. Also there is corelation on how the police in both areas approached both situations with delayed response. In the Brian case both the "victim" and the accused rapist are of the same race. He was tried, wrongly convicted, served time then later the "victim" admits to lying to Brian and his private investigator. Now the ruling is in the process of being overturned. Again how is the Duke Lacrosse case and Brian similar beside both being aquainted to rape?

Also to the GCers' do you feel that the 200k he is seeking from California for wrongly being imprisoned enough and what about the young lady, should there be any type of punishment she should recieve for what she did? Or has life already done that for her?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Again how is the Duke Lacrosse case and Brian similar beside both being aquainted to rape?
What was the outcome of the Duke Lacrosse allegations?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Also to the GCers' do you feel that the 200k he is seeking from California for wrongly being imprisoned enough....?
I don't know the details, but that may be all he's allowed to pursue. I forgot what it's called when a state can't be sued, or can't be sued beyond a set amount.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I don't know the details, but that may be all he's allowed to pursue. I forgot what it's called when a state can't be sued, or can't be sued beyond a set amount.
I read that due to California law, a person wrongfully convicted can sue for $100 a day he or she was forced to serve in prison..
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What was the outcome of the Duke Lacrosse allegations?
They were proven to be false. However those that were accused did not serve a prison sentence. Also the accuser was african american and the defendants were caucasion.. In the Brian's case they are both african american? Again this situation is still very different then the Duke lacrosse one. They did not serve any time. Brian did.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Banned

Nobody said they were exactly the same. They are similar for a number of reasons including:

1. Athletics
2. Allegations that were determined to be false
3. Race and ethnicity (there is still a race component with both Wanetta and Brian being Black--there is a notion that people are more willing to consider Black-Black victimization and allegations than Black-white)
4. Whether to prosecute the accuser (Wanetta may not be prosecuted)
5. How this will shape people's opinions of rape accusations
6. How this can shape the future of the accused (the Duke Lacrosse players still had their lives impacted by this)
Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Nobody said they were exactly the same. They are similar for a number of reasons including:

1. Athletics
I can agree
2. Allegations that were determined to be false
Already stated
3. Race and ethnicity (there is still a race component with both Wanetta and Brian being Black--there is a notion that people are more willing to consider Black-Black victimization and allegations than Black-white)
It still will not cause friction in the forum being a racial charged issue like stated before.
4. Whether to prosecute the accuser (Wanetta may not be prosecuted)
5. How this will shape people's opinions of rape accusations
not according to what you posted... DrPhil saysNo, she did not. She is not the first or the last person to lie about something and that includes lying about being raped.
6. How this can shape the future of the accused (the Duke Lacrosse players still had their lives impacted by this)
Only on the individuals psyche, yet it did not include a felony or imprisonment.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I forgot what it's called when a state can't be sued, or can't be sued beyond a set amount.
Sovereign immunity.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Brian Banks Falsely Accused Rapist Suing State of California..Wanetta Gibson is Still Free
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...is-still-free/

Banks will be suing for false imprisonment.

Justin Brooks of the California Innocence Project told the Times. “We do plan on filing a state claim for the $100 a day Brian is entitled to under State Law 4900 for every day he was wrongfully incarcerated.”