GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,156
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,271
1 members and 1,270 guests
John

Old 12-20-2010, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Christmas Plans for 2010

Any special plans this Christmas?

I'm just spending it with my mom. We went to a formal Christmas party which was quite boring as it always is, every year. I wanted to go to the Mall of America, but that's over a 3 hour drive from where my mom lives. I haven't been there forever.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm still trying to decide if I'll go home for the holiday. I don't really want to, but there's a TV waiting for me there, so I might have to suck it up and go.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm working!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll be spending Christmas eve with my boyfriend and his family, then I go to my parents and family for the 25th. And I have to work the 26th.
Unfortunately none of those places are anywhere near each other so I'll be doing a lot of travelling!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
As a state employee, I get a really nice block of time off, so I'm heading home to Pittsburgh to spend time with the fam. Getting more tattoos on thursday (merry xmas to me!), dinner with the in laws on Christmas Eve and midnight mass, then Christmas day with my side, then Boxing Day with our family friends, and NYEve with my brother and SIL.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Christmas Eve will start off here then will end at my fiance's mom's uncles house. On Thanksgiving we did a half and half day too, but we had dinner at his family's place. So I'm going to try to convince him to have dinner here before we go to his mom's uncles place. I'm sure he will not protest, as his mom's uncle's place always has...interesting food.

Christmas Day I think we are having a little brunch with my mom's aunt & uncle, and their daughter. She's technically my mom's cousin but she's WAY closer to my age then my mom's so we've always just called her my cousin, lol. In the afternoon, fiance's family is having people over for just appetizers and desserts in the afternoon. Hopefully my family will be able to stay a while...they have two cats and my dad is VERY allergic...
Old 12-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Banned

Spending time with my family and my significant other's family. Praying, loving, laughing, and eating together. And when we get tired of our families, we go off on our own and do some driving to see what we can get into.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

We're gathering our 13 kids + 2 sons-in-law + 3 1/2 grandkids for a family holiday! We have several traditions, including the Christmas Eve service at church, clam chowder for Christmas Eve, a certain ritual for hanging up stockings, and BlazerCheer's fabulous Christmas Day brunch!

I am through shopping except for some makeup that Baby Berry wants and I never want to see the mall again, argh.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

We're leaving on the 23rd for Missouri, to spend the holiday with my family. It's a 2 day road trip, and we actually have a lot of fun. I'm a little worried because our dog is having his 3rd chemo treatment on the 22nd, so I'm hoping we get there before he starts feeling it's effects. Although they are usually mild, I don't want him feeling bad on the road. The cat (who had his last radiation treatment! Yea!) is staying in a kennel we've used for years. I was hoping he'd be off the feeding tube by this point, but not so far... although he's feeling much better.
We'll be headed back to Florida on New Year's Day, so we won't be having much of a New Year's Eve celebration. LOL

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I wanted to go to the Mall of America, but that's over a 3 hour drive from where my mom lives. I haven't been there forever.
But at least you have been there!! I'm still waiting for the chance.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

We have the kids for the first half of break this year. Thus we are spending Christmas Eve at my mother in law's house. Christmas Day will be spent here at home. We are planning on seeing a movie as a family Christmas night.
Sometime this week we are supposed to see another movie as a family and go and see Southern Lights at the Kentucky Horse Park.

Hubby and I hope to have friends over the days after Christmas as the kids will not be here...except for New Year's because that is party night for their mother and having her kids at her house puts a cramp in her partying. We do not make plans to travel/see family over break, though all family is welcome to visit us.

As far as other things go, the vast majority of my Christmas shopping was completed prior to Thanksgiving, with it being totally completed last Tuesday. Fudge and other candies were made all day yesterday with cookies on the agenda for this evening.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Christmas Eve is the adult's only night at my parent's We have crab and filet and twice baked potatoes. It's fantastic! Christmas Day we go to my grandmother's and see Mom's side of the family. New Year's Eve this year will actually be Christmas with the boyfriend's family. Many of their relatives work Christmas Day so they always have to do Christmas on a weird day.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I usually work over the holidays but this year I have Christmas off. Going home for a couple of days. Hang out with family and seeing friends I only see once or twice a year. It will be weird not working.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:38 PM

We're spending Christmas with my parents, as usual. We're driving down on Christmas Eve (early, as I predict some very crowded bridges). Dinner will probably be Mom's mac and cheese, the recipe for which does NOT involve a box labeled "Kraft" . On Christmas Day, my folks will go to Mass. Then, BIG BREAKFAST followed by present opening. In the evening we'll have a BIG DINNER, preceded by martinis, accompanied by wine, and followed by port (possibly), liqueurs, cognac, and whiskey. (Alcohol features prominently at my parents' house.) We'll head home on Boxing Day.

Friends of ours from Chicago are flying in for New Years' weekend. Looking forward to seeing them.