GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,168
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,338
3 members and 1,335 guests
Cookiez17, John, Sarak24034

Old 02-02-2011, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Lost Badge

I was just initiated a few months ago, and my badge has gone missing I brought it home with me, and somehow in the mess of things (its been very stressful in my household back home) my badge got lost. Is this something that a sorority can replace? If so, what is the general cost?

I'm ashamed and embarrassed
Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes and you need to ask somebody in the sorority the other question.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I was just hoping for a range in price. Wanted to know if they were around $50 or in the hundreds? Its one of the less ornate badges
Old 02-02-2011, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South32 View Post
I was just initiated a few months ago, and my badge has gone missing I brought it home with me, and somehow in the mess of things (its been very stressful in my household back home) my badge got lost. Is this something that a sorority can replace? If so, what is the general cost?

I'm ashamed and embarrassed
Quote:
Originally Posted by South32 View Post
I was just hoping for a range in price. Wanted to know if they were around $50 or in the hundreds? Its one of the less ornate badges
Honey, you're asking the wrong crowd.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry. I did PM a member of my sorority. I'm just new to everything, and like I said, I'm really upset about it all. I was in tears earlier
Old 02-02-2011, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

You are actually pinging people online?!

No - give someone in your sorority (probably Secretary, Membership Chair, Internal, etc.) a call and let them know what happened so you can get your badge replaced ASAP. Continue searching for it in the mean time.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh honey, i know exactly how you feel, I though i had lost my key recently.

Have you checked all your clothes, to make sure its not attached to anything (thats where mine was - doh), do you remember actually packing it to bring it home, could it still be at school?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 AM
GreekChat Member

It happens. Check your sorority website. There will possibly be a link to the vendor there and you should be able to get an idea. The good news is for most of the sororities (I think) there is a range from really cheap - gold plated - to really expensive. My guess is you can get the cheapest one for $50-75, but don't quote me on that.

Get yourself the cheapy to get by for now and maybe think about splurging later on when you're a little more settled. Your chapter may also have one you can borrow to get you by for awhile. You also may be able to buy one from one of the auction websites (I think they're another one we don't name by name on GC). However, I don't know that they'd be cheaper than the cheapy brand new one.

Take a deep breath, ask your membership chair what to do, and they'll take care of you.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I second checking all clothes. I constantly leave mine pinned to my last piece of formal wear.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

The last time I wore it was a dress, and its not on there. I remember putting it in its little case, and then into a bag. I found the bag, but no badge
Old 02-03-2011, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

You might check here. Some of the groups list prices, but most of the time you will need to go through your HQ to reorder. Good luck.

http://www.hjgreek.com/

Old 02-03-2011, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I know you are upset, but sweetie, this happens all the time. You aren't the first to lose your badge. Don't worry! It might not be quite as special to you as your original badge, but it can be replaced. Accidents happen, it is not the end of the world
Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

When you do get your new badge, I recommend making a deliberate habit of never taking off your badge until you get home. Go directly to your dresser and put it in your jewelry box. After a few times, this habit becomes permanent. It is so easy to lose a badge and lots of people do it, so don't beat yourself up about it. I was lucky to live in our sorority dorm, one door down from our chapter room, so I could head straight for my room to put up my badge when ritual was over. I still do this 18 years later when I come home from work after wearing my badge. I have 12 of them and keep them all in the same place. Your new badge will come in much faster than your original one did, too (if you aren't in one of the groups that get them at initiation.) When they aren't ordered in bulk, they deliver much faster. Enjoy your new badge, and may you have it for many, many years!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-04-2011, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
When you do get your new badge, I recommend making a deliberate habit of never taking off your badge until you get home.
Oy, I have my badge pinned on, WITH BUBBLE GUARD, and it still fell off somehow. I think putting on my seat belt in the car, maybe it got jarred or something. But it was gone forever and never could find it again!

I have now bought a replacement but still...what a waste of a beautiful badge!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post
Oy, I have my badge pinned on, WITH BUBBLE GUARD, and it still fell off somehow. I think putting on my seat belt in the car, maybe it got jarred or something. But it was gone forever and never could find it again!

I have now bought a replacement but still...what a waste of a beautiful badge!
It's a shame when those things happen, and those are the flukes you can't prevent. But you can prevent losing your badge box out of the bottom of a bag.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!