GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο

Old 07-27-2000, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Recommendations

How does this recommendation thing work? I know a woman who is an alum of a sorority, but her sorority is not at our school. Should she still send in a rec or do they have to be of the same sorority or chapter?
Old 07-27-2000, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Recommendations must be from an alumna of the sorority. For example, if you know an alumna of XXX, but there is not an XXX chapter at your school, there is no need for her to write a recommendation letter for you. Most NPC groups will only accept recommendation letters or letters of reference from within their initiated membership.
A recommendation or letter of reference does not guarantee you membership nor does it guarantee any preferential treatment. Recs and letters of introduction are just a way for a chapter to "meet" you prior to recruitment.

Good luck!

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.

[This message has been edited by PnguinTrax (edited July 27, 2000).]
Old 09-21-2007, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

What all goes in a reference letter and how long does it have to be
Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

A recommendation/reference letter for NPC sorority recruitment isn't actually a letter. It's a form filled out by a sorority alumna on your behalf.

We have a whole thread here dedicated to recommendations for sorority recruitment:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ecommendations

Then there's this other one:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=53908

I suggest reading through them both, there's alot of good info about recs.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 09-21-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afchick530 View Post
What all goes in a reference letter and how long does it have to be
Is this for an NPC group or an NPHC group? (NPHC includes AKA, DST, Z Phi B and SGRho.) (If it is for an NPHC group, don't tell us which one.)

Last edited by 33girl; 09-21-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Unregistered-

Holy thread bump, batman!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfly View Post
need recs for osu (The Ohio State University)?
Where is your hometown? Most of the larger cities in Ohio have Panhellenic Associations that can help you. I am assuming you are from Ohio.
PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it.

BTW...at OSU recs won't make or break you.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

The OP asked this question in Jul 2000...I doubt she needs anymore recs!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
The OP asked this question in Jul 2000...I doubt she needs anymore recs!
Yes, but this person posted today:

Quote:
need recs for osu (The Ohio State University)?
For this poster - I've said this many times, but you're going to get out of GC what you put into it. You give us a short fragment of a question, and you're going to get a short fragment of an answer.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
, I try to help the many girls I know who look up to collegiate members of greek orgs and the reason I asked a question about OSU is because a friend (mentee) of mine who attends the school was too afraid to post just in case she became a PNM.
PM me if you need help with OSU. Been there, done that, great experience.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
see this is exactly what I am talking about. AlphaFrog, do you know me? NO Do you know my purpose for asking my question in the way I did? NO so why the rude response???

I will have you know that no matter what kind of question is posted anywhere on this site, you will NEVER truly know who is behind it and why. I for one, have not been in college since 2003, during my collegiate years, I became a member of Kappa Phi Delta which has helped me develop my womanly and straightforward character, as an alumni, I try to help the many girls I know who look up to collegiate members of greek orgs and the reason I asked a question about OSU is because a friend (mentee) of mine who attends the school was too afraid to post just in case she became a PNM. I think that it is your kind of almost belittling rudeness that perpetuates common sterotypes about greek women and men, we are always seens as snobby better than the rest types and a response like yours only makes those kind of stigmas more prevalant to the outside community. In regards to what you said about getting what I put in FIRST OF ALL I am not trying to put anything into a website Im really too old to be playing around on, I was just trying to be a good person something that my sisters have taught me to be and if I thought there was going to be harm in me asking the question then I would not have posted it. And it was not a fragment of a question, if you know then there is a yes or no answer to the question there is no need to be pretentious about it. That is all I have to say, I don't even want to know your answer because I am going to choose not to tell my friend about my post I don't want her to have the same negative image of GLOs that you have represented in your post. Please represent your organization wisely. Thank You
Old 11-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
see this is exactly what I am talking about. AlphaFrog, do you know me? NO Do you know my purpose for asking my question in the way I did? NO so why the rude response???

I will have you know that no matter what kind of question is posted anywhere on this site, you will NEVER truly know who is behind it and why. I for one, have not been in college since 2003, during my collegiate years, I became a member of Kappa Phi Delta which has helped me develop my womanly and straightforward character, as an alumni, I try to help the many girls I know who look up to collegiate members of greek orgs and the reason I asked a question about OSU is because a friend (mentee) of mine who attends the school was too afraid to post just in case she became a PNM. I think that it is your kind of almost belittling rudeness that perpetuates common sterotypes about greek women and men, we are always seens as snobby better than the rest types and a response like yours only makes those kind of stigmas more prevalant to the outside community. In regards to what you said about getting what I put in FIRST OF ALL I am not trying to put anything into a website Im really too old to be playing around on, I was just trying to be a good person something that my sisters have taught me to be and if I thought there was going to be harm in me asking the question then I would not have posted it. And it was not a fragment of a question, if you know then there is a yes or no answer to the question there is no need to be pretentious about it. That is all I have to say, I don't even want to know your answer because I am going to choose not to tell my friend about my post I don't want her to have the same negative image of GLOs that you have represented in your post. Please represent your organization wisely. Thank You
GreekChat, meet SthrnZeta's long lost sister.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

For the record, it really wasn't THAT rude of a reply.

Especially in comparison with what I would have said if I was really TRYING to be rude.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
For the record, it really wasn't THAT rude of a reply.

Especially in comparison with what I would have said if I was really TRYING to be rude.
Of course *WE* know that!

Where's that "New to GC?" thread when you need it?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
mabye you should start it cause the way ppl act on here there needs to be a debriefing session B4 and after
The search function is your friend:

Top Newbie Questions
GC Newbies should LOOK and NOT POST here

I usually like suggesting to new posters to lurk and get a feel of the place first before posting. It'll save you from wasting your time spouting off to longtime posters who really don't care what you have to say.