Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,457
4 members and 1,453 guests
John, shadokat, willTic

Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Klassroom History

Here, we chat about a little Kappa Alpha Psi history, and prominent members of our organization.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Bro. Dr. Marcus Peter Blakemore:

Besides Elder Watson Diggs, in my opinion, he is the reason why we KAN do everything.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_I_A_Nupe View Post
Bro. Dr. Marcus Peter Blakemore:

Besides Elder Watson Diggs, in my opinion, he is the reason why we KAN do everything.
Frank Summers is the reason I run my race for KAPPA!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAtivating View Post
Frank Summers is the reason I run my race for KAPPA!
I agree. Frank Summers is another reason we have my province and he is the reason for many other things.

I wanna explore this particular thread BUT I know we can only go so far.

No need for certain individuals reaping the rewards of our conversations.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:33 AM
GreekChat Member

What I've always found interesting was knowing that it all started not just at IU but at Howard. As I can remember, EWD and Byron K. Armstrong were enrolled at Howard before they went to IU. That would have been in 1909-1910. I don't know how true this is, but I believe they were approached by a fraternity there. The only fraternity at Howard then would have been the Beta chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha. Apparently, EWD, and Byron K. Armstrong weren't happy with certain members, so they declined. They could have also taken interest in the fraternity, but there isn't any known record of that as far as I know of.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
What I've always found interesting was knowing that it all started not just at IU but at Howard. As I can remember, EWD and Byron K. Armstrong were enrolled at Howard before they went to IU. That would have been in 1909-1910. I don't know how true this is, but I believe they were approached by a fraternity there. The only fraternity at Howard then would have been the Beta chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha. Apparently, EWD, and Byron K. Armstrong weren't happy with certain members, so they declined. They could have also taken interest in the fraternity, but there isn't any known record of that as far as I know of.

I believe that's true also. I remember some of EWD's quote about the fraternity; it wasn't a great description of these individuals. I believe they left to be closer to home. And they did decline. That's in the Story.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I believe that's true also. I remember some of EWD's quote about the fraternity; it wasn't a great description of these individuals. I believe they left to be closer to home. And they did decline. That's in the Story.
LOL. what did the quote say?

Yeah, I think Byron K. Armstrong had family in Indiana.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

The "DREAMER" was born in Western KY...around Hopkinsville to be exact.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The "DREAMER" was born in Western KY...around Hopkinsville to be exact.
There's also a school named after him.

I wonder if Alpha Kappa Nu (1903) would have been successful, would there have been a Kappa Alpha Psi.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

This is from the prologue of the story:

In the summer of 1910, Irven Armstrong was such a student. His cousin, Byron K. Armstrong, had attended Howard University during 1909-1910 school year, and there had formed friendship with Elder Watson Diggs. Both were approached by a fraternity, and both declined pledgeship because they disapproved the attitudes and action of certain members.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There's also a school named after him.

I wonder if Alpha Kappa Nu (1903) would have been successful, would there have been a Kappa Alpha Psi.

Great question!...I believe the founders may have possible joined them and made great contributions; that's assuming they had the same ideals.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This is from the prologue of the story:

In the summer of 1910, Irven Armstrong was such a student. His cousin, Byron K. Armstrong, had attended Howard University during 1909-1910 school year, and there had formed friendship with Elder Watson Diggs. Both were approached by a fraternity, and both declined pledgeship because they disapproved the attitudes and action of certain members.
Yeah, that was from William L. Crump, but I always wanted to know what was said, and what was up with those particular members. He never did say.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kappachino3Klub

Last edited by Kappachino3Klub; 04-30-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Bruhs, just my opinion, but I think we should be careful about how much info we discuss regarding our Noble Klan, afterall, their are many trolls, aspirants, as well as other organizations who thrive from the information we discuss...just my opinion though.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Bruhs, just my opinion, but I think we should be careful about how much info we discuss regarding our Noble Klan, afterall, their are many trolls, aspirants, as well as other organizations who thrive from the information we discuss...just my opinion though.
Yeah, you're right Phi. BGLO history that you can find at the library or bookstore is kool, but I wouldn't take it any farther than that. I'm with you though.