GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,168
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,327
5 members and 1,322 guests
Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII, John, navane

Old 06-09-2012, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

The Beta and Pi Phi GPs who lived in a castle

Once upon a time there was a Pi Beta Phi Grand President who married a Beta Theta Pi who would become Beta's GP. And they lived in a castle... read more at
http://wp.me/p20I1i-eD
Old 06-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Banned

I don't think it's necessary to make multiple posts that link to every single one of your blog posts. It's getting really annoying to have to wade through your constant spam.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? View Post
I don't think it's necessary to make multiple posts that link to every single one of your blog posts. It's getting really annoying to have to wade through your constant spam.
Agreed. I do think the topics of the linked posts are interesting, but we have enough spam on GC as it is.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Please accept my sincere apologies

Quote:
I am sorry. I know fraternity history is not for everyone. I was unsure where to put the post and a friend suggested the individual forums of the groups and the Greek Life forum. Again, I am sorry if these post are considered spam on this forum. I apologize.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
THIS! You've gotten those who are going to be interested, now it's time to either actually PARTICIPATE in GC or move on to spamming another forum.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought I had found a group who might be interested in these obscure posts having to do with fraternity history. Frankly, it is not a topic I can discuss with many people, especially those who do not have a wonderful view of our organizations. Again I am sorry.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it was quite interesting. Sorry you were met with such resistance.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyapbp View Post
I thought I had found a group who might be interested in these obscure posts having to do with fraternity history. Frankly, it is not a topic I can discuss with many people, especially those who do not have a wonderful view of our organizations. Again I am sorry.
I think you have found an audience. It would be nice for you to also engage with us in other threads. You appear to have a very broad amount of knowledge on a topic near and dear to the hearts of GC'ers. Just don't limit yourself to posting links on here, that's all.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

I enjoy hearing about Greek history!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
I think you have found an audience. It would be nice for you to also engage with us in other threads. You appear to have a very broad amount of knowledge on a topic near and dear to the hearts of GC'ers. Just don't limit yourself to posting links on here, that's all.
This! What can make it seem "spammy" is if the only posts you ever have are ones linking to your blog. The blog is indeed interesting, but we'd love to have you participate in other discussions as well. (And one thread per blog topic is generally sufficient.)

This makes me again wonder, though, if it wouldn't be good to have a Greek history forum separate from the Greek Life forum

Last edited by MysticCat; 06-10-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Please continue posting. I think there are many people interested in Greek history. I don't understand why people are so rude and ugly when something appears that doesn't interest them. Why don't we add a section on Greek history and facts, then those who don't find that interesting will not waste their time. That's exactly the way I feel about the inane topic about someone's rush experience that usually reads like a tween magazine article. Stay, don't go!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldu View Post
Please continue posting. I think there are many people interested in Greek history. I don't understand why people are so rude and ugly when something appears that doesn't interest them. Why don't we add a section on Greek history and facts, then those who don't find that interesting will not waste their time. That's exactly the way I feel about the inane topic about someone's rush experience that usually reads like a tween magazine article. Stay, don't go!
The problem is mainly the posting of multiple threads in multiple forums. A single "Greek History and Facts" thread with all of these posts would be totally fine.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

and frankly, her posts seem to be more appropriate for the Pi Phi forum, which is understandable, what with her screen name.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
and frankly, her posts seem to be more appropriate for the Pi Phi forum, which is understandable, what with her screen name.
I haven't found this to be the case. I haven't read everything, but I've learned some really interesting, substantive historical info. about Gamma Phi Beta and the NPC from the ones that I have read.

I have really enjoyed the posts.

I would agree with just one link, though, in one thread. I also like the idea of a Greek history forum. Not a thread, an actual forum that doesn't get buried. I'd visit that over "Dating and Relationships" any day.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
The problem is mainly the posting of multiple threads in multiple forums. A single "Greek History and Facts" thread with all of these posts would be totally fine.
This.

Problem solved.

@~/~~~~