Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,340
2 members and 1,338 guests
chitownxo, John

Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LOL. You probably shouldn't wear the bowtie if you've never worn one, because you might not know how to wear it or what to wear it with.

Feel free to post the pic.
You're probably right, I've seen plenty of NUPEs wear them, is it disrespectful for my to referrer to them as that, well any way, I've seen them worn before and they were pretty fly, but I'm still trying to decide right now how to put the entire outfit together, I usually dress like just casual at school cause it's school, Blue Jeans, T-Shirt type deal, but whenever I go to parties, well high school parties, I always got the Swag Wag wit me and so do my boys!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAtivating View Post
I know the NUPES rock'em at Memphis...I know and met a few...lol!
I remember when I came back in the fall my Junior year at CSU, as a neo, I started wearing bowties. At the time, no one was wearing them. My brother gave me the idea, when he was at Meharry in Nashville. Maybe it's a TN thing.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKenny View Post
I've seen them before, but I dont ever approached them and stuff cause I dont want word to get out that I want to pledge, but yeah I got to some college parties, and probates, every now and then and they be Swagged out to the fullest
Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You're probably right, I've seen plenty of NUPEs wear them, is it disrespectful for my to referrer to them as that, well any way, I've seen them worn before and they were pretty fly, but I'm still trying to decide right now how to put the entire outfit together, I usually dress like just casual at school cause it's school, Blue Jeans, T-Shirt type deal, but whenever I go to parties, well high school parties, I always got the Swag Wag wit me and so do my boys!
Dead!

Sorry y'all, I'm just not hip to the swag thing. LOL.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Lol was it the "To the Fullest" part that got yah, that might just be sum we say here locally, but their swagg is ridiculous I will say that

Oh btw, swag wag is something I just made up right then so don't worry about that one...jus know when its time to get fresh, we get fresh
Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^That whole comment and the "Swag Wag."

So, young man, what do you plan on studying when you get to college?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
^^^That whole comment and the "Swag Wag."

So, young man, what do you plan on studying when you get to college?
I just sent in my essay that's require for admission into the School of Architecture at UA...I've been accepted to the actual University since December, but the School of Architecture sent me some info not to long ago, they have an entirely separate application that I had to fill out for them. And I had to right an essay to go with it. So I'm hoping to here back from them as well as the B.A.S at the school about a scholarship that I also wrote an essay for...I would post my essay on diversity just to give you an example of my skills as a write but its long lol
Old 04-04-2009, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I just sent in my essay that's require for admission into the School of Architecture at UA...I've been accepted to the actual University since December, but the School of Architecture sent me some info not to long ago, they have an entirely separate application that I had to fill out for them. And I had to right an essay to go with it. So I'm hoping to here back from them as well as the B.A.S at the school about a scholarship that I also wrote an essay for...I would post my essay on diversity just to give you an example of my skills as a write but its long lol
That's great! Very demanding and interesting field. I'm a Transportation Designer. I'm not at home right now, but when I get home, I'll dig up some of my car designs I did while I was in school and post them.

If you feel comfortable, post the essay so we can see.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's great! Very demanding and interesting field. I'm a Transportation Designer. I'm not at home right now, but when I get home, I'll dig up some of my car designs I did while I was in school and post them.

If you feel comfortable, post the essay so we can see.

Where should I post it, and you design cars? That must be a sweet career huh, and yeah it's so demanding that people that already go to UA are like, you're worried about Pledging and you should be worried about sleeping and I'm like it cant be that demanding can it
Old 04-04-2009, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Where should I post it, and you design cars? That must be a sweet career huh, and yeah it's so demanding that people that already go to UA are like, you're worried about Pledging and you should be worried about sleeping and I'm like it cant be that demanding can it
Since you're chatting with me about it, post it here. We really like to say "transportation", because it's not just cars we're designing. It's trucks, interiors and all the visuals that make up the product as well.

Nope. Believe me, you won't get a lot of sleep preparing for any design field. It's very competitive, and from what I hear, architecture is very demanding. Are you passionate about it? If you're passionate about it, you won't let the fact that it's demanding stop you.

I'm about to go to bed, but I'll look forward to reading your essay. Stick with it, you'll get there.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Since you're chatting with me about it, post it here. We really like to say "transportation", because it's not just cars we're designing. It's trucks, interiors and all the visuals that make up the product as well.

Nope. Believe me, you won't get a lot of sleep preparing for any design field. It's very competitive, and from what I hear, architecture is very demanding. Are you passionate about it? If you're passionate about it, you won't let the fact that it's demanding stop you.

I'm about to go to bed, but I'll look forward to reading your essay. Stick with it, you'll get there.

Sorry for the disrespect, transportation is definitely more than just cars. And I'll have to deal with the reality that I won't get much sleep, but i dont get much now either. And I plan to pursue it with everything I've got, but at the same time I'm passionate about pledging, I know most people tell me its to early to be thinking about a Frat, but I think it's probably the perfect time.

I'm not taking my ship off of any road!!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

My Essay on Diversity

Well here it is PB, tell me what you think about it.

Diversity
Diversity is important no matter where someone is, but it is even more important on a campus like the University of Arkansas’. Diversity helps mold young men and women into what they are; from the early ages of childhood on throughout the rest of their lives, people will be surrounded by not only people who are just like them but also people who are completely different from them. Diversity on campus helps prepare students for the future, teaches them to like new things, and also teaches them how to live and interact with people who aren’t like them.

A student should be prepared for the real world once he or she graduates from college. Diversity plays a major role in preparing anyone for what it is like in the real world. On the campus there will be students of different religious backgrounds, cultures, race, and sexual orientation. Most student have not be introduced completely to this new factor of diversity. By having a diverse population at the university; however, students will have better understanding of how life is away from the comfort of their own community is.

Another key importance of diversity is that it will allow students to experience new things. Most students, before they go to college, have the same experiences just about every week: they associate with the same people, do the same things, and meet virtually no one new in their hometowns. With the diverse population at the University of Arkansas, however, students will be able to experience the joys from the lives of their fellow students, and possibly find some new interests as well as become friends with people. Meeting new people will help students establish a network around school which may even prove valuable after they have graduated from the university.

Respectively, it is also important to realize that certain lifestyles are not for everyone; diversity comes with a lot of different things such as: activities, attire, beliefs, political views and so on. Most students have only been exposed to one type of environment throughout their high school year which, consequently, causes them to have trouble excepting people who are not within the boundaries of their environment. As a result of a diverse population at the university, students will not only learn how to handle situations with which they are not comfortable but will also learn how to live, interact, and accept people who they may not completely understand or agree with, all in a positive, constructive way.

The University of Arkansas’ diverse population is important because it serves as a tool to mold young minds into accepting others for who they are and also teaches students not to judge someone based on the color of their skin, their beliefs, their style of dressing, nor anything else. Without diversity students at the university would miss out on an important lesson in life.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:12 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^That's excellent! When do you have to send it in? I like your siggy too. Just make sure, now, and especially when you get to college, that you stand firm by it. Don't fall into peer presure. If you live your life according to what's inline with your convictions rather than what's socially acceptable, you'll be surprised how far you can go, and how much respect you will continue to get.

Be cool.

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 04-05-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^I've already sent it, and yeah I've stuck by my beliefs so far, and never buckle under peer pressure. It is important to live your life for yourself and no one else. People ask me why I decided to stay in Arkansas when I got a 28 on my ACT and could go to a bunch of places on a full ride, and I tell me all the time, it was my dream to go to UA and pursue Architecture, not to go to some other college to pursue Architecture, and besides...its cheaper than going out of state and any extra scholarship money I get is mine...XD

But yeah, I've read plenty of quotes that are great, I like that one a lot..and I read Invictus, its wonderuful.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

*Sorry for the crash, but University of Arkansas, huh??!! Although I was never a Razorback (uh, seriously GO BEARS!), AR is home & I'm a University of Central AR alumna. I'll have to look this young man up one day when I'm home & let you all know if this young joker really has swag like he thinks he does*

ETA: I think Iota Tau is back too as of Dec. 08...