GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,604
3 members and 1,601 guests
amIblue?, John

Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
Went to the game last night.......box seats.....bad ass.

Why anyone thought Miami was going to win this series is beyond me. Dallas is so much better than the Heat, its almost funny. I think people forget that the Mavs swept their season series aswell and embarassed them both times. Dallas is also capable of rotating 10 guys at any point during the game with confidence.....something Miami could only dream of, unless they think someone like Mike Doleac could help them.

I am revising my former prediction of a 4-2 series win to 4-1. Actually I wouldn't even mind the Mavs only taking 1 of 3 in Miami so I can go back to AA Center and watch them win the title in Dallas.
Now it's 2-2. I still think Dallas will win the series, but Dwayne Wade has been pretty impressive the last couple of games (especially considering he's hurt).
Old 06-16-2006, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
I still have faith. Particularly because Shaquille hasn't had a Shaquille O'Neal game yet -- but it was a decent effort, even after "Gangsta Steakhouse" (sic) hard-fouled him. I love Dwyane Wade.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltrap
I still have faith. Particularly because Shaquille hasn't had a Shaquille O'Neal game yet -- but it was a decent effort, even after "Gangsta Steakhouse" (sic) hard-fouled him. I love Dwyane Wade.
I didn't see the game, so I'm only going off the numbers: 17 and 13 last night with 50% from the stripe, so he's getting better. Did they double him a lot last night, I saw he only took 8 shots.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Quote:
Jerry Stackhouse was lucky. the first thought I had when after He hard-fouled Shaq was " Jerry Stackhouse is about to die in Shaq's hands on National T.V. "

good thing cooler heads prevail.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 06-17-2006, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigtau305
Jerry Stackhouse was lucky. the first thought I had when after He hard-fouled Shaq was " Jerry Stackhouse is about to die in Shaq's hands on National T.V. "

good thing cooler heads prevail.
Stack was lucky. The fans (including the Sarge, his Dad) booed and cursed, and Dwyane Wade came in and intervened, because the Diesel was hot.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Stack was lucky. The fans (including the Sarge, his Dad) booed and cursed, and Dwyane Wade came in and intervened, because the Diesel was hot.
Shaq wouldn't have done anything, he even said after the game that he didn't mind. It was a good hard fould. 5 years ago that wouldn't have been anything more than a personal. But in today's pussy rules laden NBA conceived by David Stern, you can't even look at another player without getting called for a flagrant. Stackhouse getting suspended is an absolute joke, especially in the Finals. When you have one of the classiest individuals (Avery Johnson) in the NBA say on the radio that it is an absolute joke and a travesty....then that should mean somehthing.

The Mavs have continually taken shots and elbows to the head in this series....I have seen it plenty of times as I have watched every game finish to end.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid
Now it's 2-2. I still think Dallas will win the series, but Dwayne Wade has been pretty impressive the last couple of games (especially considering he's hurt).

If anyone thinks he's hurt than you are an idiot. Thats all you hear about now with this series.....Dwayne Wade is hurt, Dwayne Wade this....shutup.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If anyone thinks he's hurt than you are an idiot. Thats all you hear about now with this series.....Dwayne Wade is hurt, Dwayne Wade this....shutup.
Just going by the team and media reports - maybe he's not hurt, I don't know and don't really care. I don't have a rooting interest in the series.

He put up 43 last night though, so if he is hurt, it's not slowing him down at all.

Last edited by KSigkid; 06-19-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not one to make excuses for a team.....but the Mavs got pretty screwed with 11 seconds left in OT last night. (allthough if they wouldn't have gone to hack a Shaq at the end of the 4th quarter they would have won the game by atleast 10.)

1.) Dwayne Wade catches the ball in air off the inbounds in the front court and then jumps into the back court, which was blatantly obvious right in front of the ref.
2.) Then he forearm shoves his way out of a double team and then grabs Josh Howard's shorts and throws him out of the way in the corner at the top of the baseline.
3.) He gets a foul called with 1.9 seconds left on what looked like a hand on his back. Foul was on Nowitzki, who clearly didn't touch him.
4.) Refs took the game out of the players hands and into their own. Complete BS.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

...good series

I said at the outset this series is going 7 games and I didn't know who would win. But I give a slight edge to Miami because what experience there was, they had it. (Riley, Shaq).

As I thought the series has gotten more physical as it has progressed, which favors Miami. As a result, you've seen Novitski, Howard, et. al, settle for more jumpers and go to the rim less because they do not want to pay the physical price when they get there. (Zo, Shaq, Haslem).

I thought Stackhouse's Game 4 foul on Shaq was a flagrant (he made no play on the ball and brought his arms down on Shaq after contact) and I would have thrown him out of the game. Stackhouse's suspension was completely justified. The NBA is fortunate that Shaq is a mellow dude because Stackhouse could have been killed in the Miami Arena that night. Easily.

The games have gotten more competitive and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in Dallas. Can Avery Johnson marshal the troops? Or will D-Wade be the first of his "class" to get a ring?

Tuesday Game 6 -- be there.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 06-19-2006, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I will be there. for game 6 and 7. Sorry, but the foul wasn't a flagrant. I haven't heard one report from a single analyst that said it was a flagrant. Furthermore, Shaq has continually been allowed to do whatever he wants in the paint concerning physicality. The foul calling is completely unjustified. I mean c'mon, Dwayne Wade shoots as many freethrows as Dallas had COMBINED.....something is wrong with that picture.

The NBA has overhauled its rules so horribly that it has turned its players into a bunch of pussies. 5 or 6 years ago......that foul on Shaq would have been a personal. Thats why players like Wade and Lebron James should never be compared to Michael Jordon. Jordon and all of the greats of his era were abused night in and night out without the comfort of knowing that a foul would be called on something like am effing hand check.

......The NBA and its officiating have serious problems.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
3.) He gets a foul called with 1.9 seconds left on what looked like a hand on his back. Foul was on Nowitzki, who clearly didn't touch him.
The foul should have been called on Devin Harris - if you watch the replay, Harris grabbed Wade's arm as he went up for the shot.

I was sure Dallas would win this series in 5 or 6 games. I can't believe it's going the other way right now.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Shaq, because of his size, is the hardest guy in the league to officiate. He dishes it out, but takes an an awful lot of punishment that never gets called too.

Basketball is the hardest of the big 3 pro sports to officiate, IMO. I officiate high school basketball in Ohio. Even on our level making sure no one gets an unfair advantage is hard. I think the NBA guys do the best they can and generally do a good job out there.

We just see the Stackhouse flagrant differently, but it's cool. As I said, I'd have thrown him out of the game. (Had Stack not been disciplined I think you would have seen a Miami player go hard at a Maverick in retailation. Not saying it's right, but I think it might have happened.)

I do agree with you that D-wade went over and back and should have been called for a backcourt violation. That foul on Wade the end of G5? I wouldn't have called it on that much contact; you want the players to decide it unless it's clearly excessive contact-- but Tim Legler said tonight on SportsCenter that it was a foul, not on Novitiski, but one of the others grabbed his arm.

D-Wade is getting to the line so much more than the Mavs because he's going to the basket. You're not going to get to the free throw line shooting jumpers-- it just won't happen. I think Dallas will be more aggressive in G6 and you'll see the FTs equal out a bit more.

...I loved MJ's game like everyone else, but superstars will always get the calls. MJ got his share, just like this era's superstars will get theirs.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 06-20-2006, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid
The foul should have been called on Devin Harris - if you watch the replay, Harris grabbed Wade's arm as he went up for the shot.

I was sure Dallas would win this series in 5 or 6 games. I can't believe it's going the other way right now.

If anyone it should have been him, but it still wasn't enought to warrant a foul at that time in a game. Besides, Wade should have been called for two offensive fouls and a back court violation before he drove the lane.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

This series will probably go seven just because thats what the NBA wants.